2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

3 minutes ago, Justcalledtosay said:

Oh fuck off 😤
Macca apart that’s appalling

Billie Eilish, Kendrick Lamar, Paul McCartney, Diana Ross, Aerosmith, Dua Lipa, Queens of the Stone Age, Pet Shop Boys is far far far from appalling. Can’t think of a single festival on earth that could book that.

I'm actually relieved that the headliners don't really do it for me.  Saw all three headliners in 2007 and 2013, that's what I love about the festival, it caters for all tastes, some years it's your bag, other years it's not. I haven't seen a Pyramid headliner for the last two festivals and had amazing times. So much to see and do!

McCartney was amazing in 2004, so I will be back at the Pyramid for a headliner. Looking forward to it!

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Did Aerosmith announce a day? You’d think they’d be on same day as Macca.

Saturday.

I was going to prop up the stage predictions post and query whether we could see some 2020 placements having a slight hacksaw taken to them. If we are already looking at the headliners having a day shuffle.

Edited by Matt42

Macca, Aerosmith and DRoss all on the Sunday would be spectacular, but also seems far too good to be true. Surely Aerosmith will stay put if Macca moves and just stay local to pop up with him the next day?

edit: if them popping up with Macca ever was the plan, that is

Edited by FloorFiller

12 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Saturday.

I was going to prop up the stage predictions post and query whether we could see some 2020 placements having a slight hacksaw taken to them. If we are already looking at the headliners having a day shuffle.

Obviously acts can only play days they're available. Billie can only do Friday so that's locked in and I doubt Kendrick cares whether he plays Saturday or Sunday.

Having Macca Sunday makes sense from a locals friendly, festival closing perspective.

6 minutes ago, Matt87 said:

Killers headlined Saturday last time though 

Stormzy was Friday. 

6 minutes ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

the killers headlined last time

And Kendrick was originally for Friday? So they were already fine with two big rap acts headlining in succession on the same day.

8 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

I could be wrong but I don't think this is over yet.....for one I'm not certain that GFL themselves will be totally comfortable with a big rap act headlining Saturday night 2 festivals running.

I'm with you on that (or rather I am hoping you are right!)

Taylor replaced with .....  Billie Eilish 😢

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, circus92 said:

Replacing one of the biggest female artists in the world with another one of the biggest artists in the world is a pretty good job. If Taylor isn’t available there isn’t anything they can do about it.

36 minutes ago, circus92 said:

Female for female. There wouldve been an uproar if that wasnt the case. Emily is pretty proud about the gender split, especially at the top if you have 2 female and 2 male acts up there. ( counting the legend )

Edited by Suprefan