2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

Yeah, happy with how this had panned out. Had nothing I fancied on the Sunday previously, whereas Friday was strong across the board. Agree with Hugh about being soured to QOTSA, hopefully something good pops up on WH, JP or The Park and I'm sorted for the weekend.

6 minutes ago, zero000 said:

Got to be Dua vs Macca right? It’s unusual to have two contemporaries on at the same time so Dua against Kendrick and especially Billie doesn’t make sense. 

I dont think they would put female vs female, they try to avoid that sort of thing especially pyramid vs other. But lets put it out there for arguments sake that Dua wasnt able to perform any day except Saturday, what can you do about it? Because Kendrick has an almost zero chance to close out.

Edited by Suprefan

2 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Yeah, happy with how this had panned out. Had nothing I fancied on the Sunday previously, whereas Friday was strong across the board. Agree with Hugh about being soured to QOTSA, hopefully something good pops up on WH, JP or The Park and I'm sorted for the weekend.

What's going on with QOTSA? Hard to keep up with all these revelations coming out re: various different acts.

1 minute ago, jparx said:

What's going on with QOTSA? Hard to keep up with all these revelations coming out re: various different acts.

Stuff about Homme being abusive towards his kids and them getting restraining orders or some such against him. All very ‘bad break up’ regarding him and Brody, but the kid stuff is rather hard to get around if it’s true.

3 minutes ago, jparx said:

Josh is in a custody battle right now with Brody. And their kids have reported that Josh has abused them and is very controlling. One of them spoke out about it so its lead to some other inquiries. Mind you thats happening in my at the same time Britney is getting her freedom. Los Angeles courts get all the cases.

Edited by Suprefan

3 minutes ago, jparx said:

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2021/sep/10/josh-homme-restraining-order-queens-of-the-stone-age-brody-dalle

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

headliners are meh to me, but i'd alsostruggle with glasto because of my health, would be hard work in a wheelchair, could get a motor for that, but theres also other big .difficulties

Send you the best Neil. Thank you for all of the work you do with this site and keeping us in the loop with the best rumours despite your personal circumstances.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 20

36 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

headliners are meh to me, but i'd alsostruggle with glasto because of my health, would be hard work in a wheelchair, could get a motor for that, but theres also other big .difficulties

Fair enough Neil, sorry to hear that. Thanks for all of your work here. We’d be lost without your  rumours to discuss! 

Edit: pretty much what Matt said better above!

Edited by zero000

Ok now I’ve come around a little to no Swift.

Billie - getting her at her peak of her career so far. 

Kendrick Lamar - On a year where he is playing the SUPER BOWL alongside a long overdue follow-up to DAMN.

Paul McCartney - Fantastic to get him back and will go down a treat.

It’s an unreal trio of headliners which… I highly doubt any other festival on earth could secure. Good stuff! Sad I won’t be crying to all too well in a pyramid field next summer but there is always 23!

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Ok now I’ve come around a little to no Swift.

Billie - getting her at her peak of her career so far. 

Kendrick Lamar - On a year where he is playing the SUPER BOWL alongside a long overdue follow-up to DAMN.

Paul McCartney - Fantastic to get him back and will go down a treat.

It’s an unreal trio of headliners which… I highly doubt any other festival on earth could secure. Good stuff! Sad I won’t be crying to all too well in a pyramid field next summer but there is always 23!

Had we not had Taylor announced for 2020, I'd consider this a top tier set of headliners. There's obviously a huge amount of disappoint losing her, but I'm still very excited for Billie and I'll be at all three of them. Can't really argue with it - three massive bookings.

23 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I wonder if there is any chance of a Dre guest appearance next year? Dre's said that the Superbowl performance will instigate the "next saga" of his career, whatever that means. If it indicates more live performances, bring it on!

Early 2023 prediction: Foo Fighters / Relton / Taylor?

Just now, kalifire said:

I wonder if there is any chance of a Dre guest appearance next year? Dre's said that the Superbowl performance will instigate the "next saga" of his career, whatever that means. If it indicates more live performances, bring it on!

Still a bit early for the Foos I’d say.

Replace them with Arctic Monkeys would be my guess.

1 minute ago, kalifire said:

All for us to get excited about. Dre turning up would be nuts.

I made a 2023 thread lol. I put Radiohead, Elton, Taylor but Foos would make equal sense as I imagine they are desperate to come back.