2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

5 hours ago, kalifire said:

Maybe. That does rather assume a particular (and incorrect) interpretation of what I said. What I was actually referring to was a marketing bent towards under-age seduction, evidenced by lyrics like "bruises, on both my knees for you" and "might seduce your dad type". You might feel comfortable listening to this from a 17 year old child, but each to their own.

1 - I’m not au fait with any of her lyrics. 
2 - comfortable with it or not, 17 is above the age of consent in the UK. 
3 - Nabokov’s novel includes the rape of a pre-teen so it’s not a tasteful (inadequate word choice klaxon) comparison to make in any circumstances. 
4 - Lyrics aren’t really what I’d call a “marketing bent”, more part of the art. 

23 hours ago, Earth_pig said:

Radiohead did a song for spectre and it was way better than Sam smiths that they went with.

Wouldn’t be hard to be better than that

keep an eye on the pyramid field , didn’t the Radiohead symbol appear on there in October 16 announcing their 2017 headline slot😉

9 minutes ago, zahidf said:

So that means Billie is a Swift replacement?

Female for female trade, thats as good as you would expect for the circumstance.

10 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

i'm hearing macca and kendrick, plus psb's and qotsa

here comes all the flak for the elton dates again. 🤣

So if this holds then we can have this as the weekend? I dont think Kendrick gets to close out.

Friday: Billie QOTSA

Saturday: Kendrick Dua

Sun: Macca PSB

Just now, Suprefan said:

So if this holds then we can have this as the weekend? I dont think Kendrick gets to close out.

Friday: Billie QOTSA

Saturday: Kendrick Dua

Sun: Macca PSB

I think they’d keep Dua against Macca and PSB would go against Kendrick if those remain our other headliners. Dua would pull and equal if not bigger crowd than Kendrick I feel if she were up against him. 

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I think they’d keep Dua against Macca and PSB would go against Kendrick if those remain our other headliners. Dua would pull and equal if not bigger crowd than Kendrick I feel if she were up against him. 

Yeah well I just want my cake and the rest. Let Dua stay on Saturday and I dont have to wrestle with the Macca conflict. It also makes for a massive saturday night with somebody who could arguably have been a headliner next year if they went that route. Unless its the young vs old pairings.

Edited by Suprefan

On 9/29/2021 at 10:42 AM, priest17 said:

Billie, Macca, Top of the morning top of the morning top of the morning top of the morning.

22 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

i'm hearing macca and kendrick, plus psb's and qotsa

Wow I am efests new source, dunno where he got public service broadcast from though

12 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Yeah well I just want my cake and the rest. Let Dua stay on Saturday and I dont have to wrestle with the Macca conflict. It also makes for a massive saturday night with somebody who could arguably have been a headliner next year if they went that route. Unless its the young vs old pairings.

Haha if McCartney and Dua Lipa are on at the same time that would be my only two in the top 6 that I'm that bothered about at the same time. To be honest that's a good way for Glastonbury to be! 

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

See you next year matey.

To be honest I’d be absolutely delighted with Kendrick and Macca.

With everything that's happened over the last 18 minutes, I'd frankly be over the moon if we just had Macca and two other schmoes. Kenny and Taylor would have been epic, but Macca felt like the once (twice for some..!) in a lifetime moment.

Still lowkey rooting for the original trio though, although I'd be satisfied with Billie in for Taylor and Taylor back in 23.

Edited by jparx