2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

58 minutes ago, zero000 said:

Feels like musical sacrilege to say it but I’d be at Dua Lipa if she were up against McCartney. 

55 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I’d probably be 80% Dua 20% McCartney. Maybe head to McCartney for the end?

It definitely is sacrilege. Almost certainly Macca's final Glastonbury appearance vs Dua Lipa who'll almost certainly be back to top the big one in the next 2-3 years is an absolute no content.

3 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

It definitely is sacrilege. Almost certainly Macca's final Glastonbury appearance vs Dua Lipa who'll almost certainly be back to top the big one in the next 2-3 years is an absolute no content.

I just feel like Dua will be absolutely banging though. I feel like the vibes will be a top notch Glastonbury experience. The crowd will be absolutely here for it.

I think Dua will be an unusual case and probably go from Other headline to Pyramid headline in something like 2 years… but it’s probably part of the deal. I won’t be surprised if they’ve said to her “headline the other in 2022 and you will have first dibs to headline on your next album”… or something along those lines.

41 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

I’m tepid on the Beatles in general so there’s that too. As @Matt42says it will be a huge party and loads of the fun. 

10 hours ago, kalifire said:

No "anger" here, Matt. Just think she's a bit overrated is all. Hadn't realised I'd been going on about it.

Just my perception of the image she seems to be aiming for. Not sure why it would make you uncomfortable but apologies that it did.

Probably makes people uncomfortable because of the connotations of Lolita - the link with child sexual exploitation etc.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lolita 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

I’m just needling due to a long and boring work call.

All fine. No I intend to try and see a chunk of both but Dua will receive a majority stake as I think it’s a rare opportunity to see a future headliner in a smaller than usual position. May even feel somewhat like an intimate gig for her by next summer.

59 minutes ago, tigger123 said:

Would also mean 2 female headlining acts which I imagine Emily is very keen to do if possible

Wasn't there a rumour that the Pyramid would have an all female line up on the Sunday, culminating with Taylor? 

I'm sure that was being batted around in the lad up to the 2020 festival. Diana Ross, Haim, Lana Del Rey, were all rumoured to be performing on the Sunday.

2 minutes ago, Matt87 said:

Wasn't there a rumour that the Pyramid would have an all female line up on the Sunday, culminating with Taylor? 

I'm sure that was being batted around in the lad up to the 2020 festival. Diana Ross, Haim, Lana Del Rey, were all rumoured to be performing on the Sunday.

It was reported in the Sun but I don’t think it was true as the specials were playing on the Sunday pyr

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

LDR was definitely Friday, she was subbing Kendrick.

Just writing that makes me a little sad we didn’t get it.

We don’t know who was subbing Taylor.. could have been a female artist… but that one remains a mystery. But yeah regardless it wasn’t a full female day due to what we knew. Maybe it was lazy journalism of some journalist seeing that Taylor, Diana and what Candi Station were on the pyramid on the same day and spun it as a ladies day?

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I remain convinced it was Mumfords.

Whilst I wasn’t convinced as I think they’d be on a small stage (like they have done before) I can’t deny that it was looking like slim pickings for who it could be. I was stumped.

Edited by Matt42

1 minute ago, Matt87 said:

Just saw she's playing Primavera, so hopefully she'll be back for Glastonbury.

I think there’s another European show she’s playing that’s even closer to Glasto (can’t remember off the top of my head). She looks pretty sure bet to come back.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I’d probably be 80% Dua 20% McCartney. Maybe head to McCartney for the end?

Yeah I feel ya tbh. It's not anything against Macca, it's just more that Dua's ascent has been so rapid and Future Nostalgia has hit so big that it feels really exciting.

3 hours ago, blutarsky said:

Probably makes people uncomfortable because of the connotations of Lolita - the link with child sexual exploitation etc.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lolita 

Maybe. That does rather assume a particular (and incorrect) interpretation of what I said. What I was actually referring to was a marketing bent towards under-age seduction, evidenced by lyrics like "bruises, on both my knees for you" and "might seduce your dad type". You might feel comfortable listening to this from a 17 year old child, but each to their own.