2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

Just now, PolygonWindow said:

Is there reasoning behind this or is it general feeling?

In short

Billie - TBC and there’s various bits linking her. Emily also has been liking her Instagram posts recently.

Paul - A reliable spiller here says he has shows in Europe in June. (ken19).

Taylor - I just feel like some dates of hers are coming soon. Probably coinciding with Red coming out. No idea what kind of dates they will be but she has to be doing something in 2022. Ed being free for the Sunday definitely pricked my ears up a bit. He’s doing 3/4 shows on this tour back to back but left the Sunday free? Wonder if there is a particular show he wants to see.

Also the fact that Michael the other day when being interviewed said most of the big acts are coming back. This simply can’t be true if we lose 2+ of the headliners.

I know it’s all clutching at straws but this trio is yet to be ruled out.

27 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

In short

Billie - TBC and there’s various bits linking her. Emily also has been liking her Instagram posts recently.

Taylor - I just feel like some dates of hers are coming soon. Probably coinciding with Red coming out. No idea what kind of dates they will be but she has to be doing something in 2022. Ed being free for the Sunday definitely pricked my ears up a bit. He’s doing 3/4 shows on this tour back to back but left the Sunday free? Wonder if there is a particular show he wants to see.

Also the fact that Michael the other day when being interviewed said most of the big acts are coming back. This simply can’t be true if we lose 2+ of the headliners.

Matt right now…

26EE2D29-A603-4EB0-A732-6AC237C8AE31.jpeg

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Explain that!

Emily uses her personal social media accounts to follow the people she wants to see updates from and/or finds personally interesting, and not as some secret way of giving clues about who will or won't be booked at the next festival?

Just a theory.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Matt42 said:

You dislike Billie pretty excessively… you’ve made it known a fair few times now. What about her angers you so much?

No "anger" here, Matt. Just think she's a bit overrated is all. Hadn't realised I'd been going on about it.

8 hours ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Dunno about the hate but the Sulky Lolita nickname he keeps repeating makes me uncomfortable every time.

Just my perception of the image she seems to be aiming for. Not sure why it would make you uncomfortable but apologies that it did.

8 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Ed being free for the Sunday definitely pricked my ears up a bit. He’s doing 3/4 shows on this tour back to back but left the Sunday free? Wonder if there is a particular show he wants to see.

You know I want it to be Taylor as much as you do, but it just occurred to me that this part of the theory could just as easily be applied to Elton. He is Ed's former mentor and they've performed together many times.

10 hours ago, Matt42 said:

In short

The Ed thing may just be a scheduling quirk and we’re obviously reaching for clues that Taylor is back, but him being available over Glastonbury when he’s obviously good friends with her, about to be featured again on Red and would be very likely to guest (or at least be there to watch) whenever she does headline makes me think that weekend being free isn’t a coincidence.

To be clear - it’s all up in the air and I’m not saying Ed’s tour date is evidence Taylor is there. But I do think if Taylor is there next year, Ed having that Sunday free may not be a coincidence. He might have it free for any number of reasons, but I’m keeping my fingers crossed!

My current prediction is the same as you. The hottest thing right now, the hottest thing of the past and the artist of the last decade is a great trio.

57 minutes ago, zero000 said:

Dua Lipa just announced as a headliner for Opener in Poland on the 1st July…

Back for an other stage slot, or does she make the jump to the Pyramid?

I think glasto have just got incredibly lucky and she’s back on the other against McCartney. She loves the festival and just wants to play. I imagine she’s willing to do the slot she was originally booked for.

24 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I think glasto have just got incredibly lucky and she’s back on the other against McCartney. She loves the festival and just wants to play. I imagine she’s willing to do the slot she was originally booked for.

Feels like musical sacrilege to say it but I’d be at Dua Lipa if she were up against McCartney. 

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

If we're saying that Artist X either being at or having time off over GF makes Artist Y more likely then surely Dua Lipa's presence bodes well for Reginald?

Yes but you can only use this if it supports your theory.

Remember to dismiss it if it’s not what you want to see!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jparx said:

The Ed thing may just be a scheduling quirk and we’re obviously reaching for clues that Taylor is back, but him being available over Glastonbury when he’s obviously good friends with her, about to be featured again on Red and would be very likely to guest (or at least be there to watch) whenever she does headline makes me think that weekend being free isn’t a coincidence.

To be clear - it’s all up in the air and I’m not saying Ed’s tour date is evidence Taylor is there. But I do think if Taylor is there next year, Ed having that Sunday free may not be a coincidence. He might have it free for any number of reasons, but I’m keeping my fingers crossed!

My current prediction is the same as you. The hottest thing right now, the hottest thing of the past and the artist of the last decade is a great trio.

Would also mean 2 female headlining acts which I imagine Emily is very keen to do if possible