2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

13 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yet when ALT LDN doesn't let people know who is playing and who isn't, people want refunds.

It was planned to be 3 shows with no idea who is playing, rather than forced on people. Heard lots disliked the Friday but the Saturday was fantastic.

15 hours ago, priest17 said:

I can't be the only one who stayed at Muse in 16 coz they were fucking knackered from stomping in the mud all day. I trekked from Ezra Furman at the park to Foals at the big triangle and finally found somewhere to sit down, I was hardly gonna go and stand on my actual legs to put up with Sigur Ross.

I did the trek from Foals to Sigur Ros. As majestic etc as the show was it wasn’t one to watch while knackered. I was almost asleep on my feet. 

15 hours ago, Clarence Clemons said:

I see they're touring around Glastonbury next year.

Anyone think they're potential headliners?

Can’t see it unless they’re a last minute replacement. Are they self aware enough to headline Other or sub the Pyramid?

Don't take this as any kind of useful source but back in 2019 a friend of a friend of a friend who worked at the time for DF Concerts (who put on TRNSMT) told me KOL’s 2020 tour dates were worked around opening the Pyramid as a special guest. Take that with the hugest piece of salt imaginable as there’s not really any reason they should know that but this is the home of baseless speculation, right?

2 hours ago, 1986 said:

I did the trek from Foals to Sigur Ros. As majestic etc as the show was it wasn’t one to watch while knackered. I was almost asleep on my feet. 

I managed to fall asleep earlier in the day whilst stood in the queue for halloumi up at the Park after Unknown Mortal Orchestra. Ended up back in my tent in Michael's Mead setting an alarm for a 20 minute nap before ZZ Top. Fair to say that went well. 

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

Can’t see it unless they’re a last minute replacement. Are they self aware enough to headline Other or sub the Pyramid?

Self aware how?

KoL are still huge and shift tickets, they’re headliner status still imo and they’d be strange to take a sub slot.

Not saying they’ll headline this year but wouldn’t be shocked to see them do it again.

1 hour ago, MEGABOWL said:

Don't take this as any kind of useful source but back in 2019 a friend of a friend of a friend who worked at the time for DF Concerts (who put on TRNSMT) told me KOL’s 2020 tour dates were worked around opening the Pyramid as a special guest. Take that with the hugest piece of salt imaginable as there’s not really any reason they should know that but this is the home of baseless speculation, right?

Tbh they could still open the Pyramid on the Friday even if they’re playing Dublin the same evening. It’s hardly far away

7 hours ago, fraybentos1 said:

Self aware how?

KoL are still huge and shift tickets, they’re headliner status still imo and they’d be strange to take a sub slot.

Not saying they’ll headline this year but wouldn’t be shocked to see them do it again.

Hey, I like them, I bought Glasgow tickets yesterday morning. Just think they’d be a slightly underwhelming Glastonbury headliner these days, even if I suspect they will get another crack at it some day. Subbing someone mega huge like a Macca or Elton, or headlining the Other against pop on the Pyramid wouldn’t be a bad gig for them.