2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

20 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

Yeah the minimal stage production was definitely intentional. Looked very sick imo. 

It looked great to begin with. 

The lighting and production ensured it was all about him. 

But that was also the issue, as things went on it felt like “so this is it for 2 hours?”.

I think you need a little more at a Glasto headline show. 

Bringing out ya man Bon didn’t cut it.

And cherry picker aside, it felt flat for a huge portion of the show. 

On 9/17/2021 at 12:31 PM, nikkic said:

I chose Tame Impala that night, which was a mistake. 

Having watched the Stormzy set several times since, it genuinely seemed like a monumental moment.

Enthralling set from start to finish. 

This. 
I was stuck at work behind the pyramid when Stormzy played but we all went out the back of the restaurant to listen to some of it and watch the light show/pyros. The crowd sounded like it was eating it up and watching it back it seemed a real moment. I mean, it was a moment for me and several others and we couldn’t even see the stage or hear it very well. I think he stepped up to the plate big time. 

We dont leave ourselves the option to leave if we're watching a Pyramid headliner, we are either in the pit or so close to it that we have to stay and watch as you cant get out anyway - I think that changes your relationship to the set cos you're automatically more engaged.

If I was watching at the back I would always have half a mind on hotfooting it to WH, JP or the Other and then it becomes self fulfilling.

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

He used a cherry picker for coachella in 2011 and a few other festivals he’s done. 

Coachella was to start the show and that had a whole thought out production. 

He only did a handful of shows that year so I dont know why you would think it was phoned in. I wasnt even going to see him  that year in general until he replaced Frank Ocean at FYF Fest. The lighting rig did carry over somewhat for the Life of Pablo Tour, but it was to light up everyone beneath him.

Edited by Suprefan

1 hour ago, giantkatestacks said:

We dont leave ourselves the option to leave if we're watching a Pyramid headliner, we are either in the pit or so close to it that we have to stay and watch as you cant get out anyway - I think that changes your relationship to the set cos you're automatically more engaged.

If I was watching at the back I would always have half a mind on hotfooting it to WH, JP or the Other and then it becomes self fulfilling.

Just reading this gave me a panic attack 

I can't be the only one who stayed at Muse in 16 coz they were fucking knackered from stomping in the mud all day. I trekked from Ezra Furman at the park to Foals at the big triangle and finally found somewhere to sit down, I was hardly gonna go and stand on my actual legs to put up with Sigur Ross.

34 minutes ago, priest17 said:

I can't be the only one who stayed at Muse in 16 coz they were fucking knackered from stomping in the mud all day. I trekked from Ezra Furman at the park to Foals at the big triangle and finally found somewhere to sit down, I was hardly gonna go and stand on my actual legs to put up with Sigur Ross.

I stayed as it was the closest performance to the medical tent for the start of my night shift.

51 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Which is a shame cos Sigur Ros were fucking sick.

7 minutes ago, RaphPH said:

Lots of former headliners now playing around Glasto and leaving Glasto blank. I wonder if Glasto are doing some sort of surprise array of special guests. 

If only the licence could be extended for next year to have the main stages playing on the Thursday! Just for this one special year, even only for the evening. 

Just now, Florian Saucer Attack said:

That would be fun. You don't who you gonna get.

Could it be the rolling stones? No it's Jake Bugg

They did something like this at Printworks a couple weeks ago - didn't announce the lineup in advance you just had to turn up and see who was playing on the night