2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Add me to the "wish I was at Stormzy" club.

Spent the night flitting around but never settling anywhere.

2019 was year of the undercard for me, made some great choices each day but failed spectacularly with headliners. 

Tame X Chems X CATQ

All OK, but nothing life affirming. 

That Friday night felt abnormally hot, usually it starts to cool down around 6ish but it just didn’t seem to all night. Think I was just tired and grumpy for being so hot but I just couldn’t settle on anything, started watching Michael Kiwanuka then down to Tame Impala, got bored after 15 minutes so went over to Interpol, which was also boring…

Should have just parked myself at Stormzy.

10 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

That Friday night felt abnormally hot, usually it starts to cool down around 6ish but it just didn’t seem to all night. Think I was just tired and grumpy for being so hot but I just couldn’t settle on anything, started watching Michael Kiwanuka then down to Tame Impala, got bored after 15 minutes so went over to Interpol, which was also boring…

Should have just parked myself at Stormzy.

Hindsight is great, but also misleading

Could have just been one of those nights and Stormzy would not have satisfied either.

For some reason I decided to watch the Black Madonna at Arcadia but quickly realised she wasn’t very good so rushed around to the Pyramid to catch Stormzy. IIRC he was a bit late so managed to watch the full set and it was indeed fantastic. 

Don’t know what I was thinking with my initial choice, to be honest. I’d had a few. 

4 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

Hindsight is great, but also misleading

Could have just been one of those nights and Stormzy would not have satisfied either.

True, but watching the Stormzy footage back felt like seeing something momentous. Would surely have been a better call than watching Interpol plod through the motions.

Ah well, hindsight as you say, over the years I’ve made more good calls than bad ones.

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

If you were to place him now where would he go?

Other sub sounds right to me? But then is he pyramid material?

A reminder that he has already played on the pyramid. 

Don’t see why he wouldn’t fit on the pyramid, he’s had a couple of the biggest songs of the year. Could see him having a bit of a show to go with his set as well. 

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Great scenes at Stormzy and The Cure.

Best Glastonbury Moments™ of 2019:

1. Stormzy and Princess K doing Return of the Rucksack.

2. Bob Smith forgetting who he is and bolting about the stage grinning.

3. Miley Cyrus playing Head Like a Hole on the Pyramid Stage.

13 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Don’t see why he wouldn’t fit on the pyramid, he’s had a couple of the biggest songs of the year. Could see him having a bit of a show to go with his set as well. 

Surely the bigger songs the less likely they are to fit on a stage.

• Downvote 1

I love that the sheer size of Glastonbury means when somebody says 'I didn't really feel this obviously amazing thing' they can swiftly follow up with 'so I did this other amazing thing instead'. It's a city of multiple amazing experiences for different people, all happening at once. Roll on June!!

Edited by kalifire
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

That was the first time ever I actually did the ‘going to the SE Corner early’ thing. Stormzy looked like a great set and I was dead pleased he pulled it off but no regrets here, had a fantastic night.

I did the same with Radiohead which I still find a bit strange as they're obviously fucking great and I'd wanted to see them for years. However, at the time, the SE Corner just felt RIGHT. Had an absolutely loony night/morning and I wouldn't change a thing in retrospect.

3 hours ago, nikkic said:

I chose Tame Impala that night, which was a mistake. 

Having watched the Stormzy set several times since, it genuinely seemed like a monumental moment.

Enthralling set from start to finish. 

I went Fatboy Slim, you couldn't get close then Frank T for a bit. No regrets. My weakest headline night for Glastonbury since attending but no worries.

6 hours ago, Zacko said:

I did the same with Radiohead which I still find a bit strange as they're obviously fucking great and I'd wanted to see them for years. However, at the time, the SE Corner just felt RIGHT. Had an absolutely loony night/morning and I wouldn't change a thing in retrospect.

Yeah sometimes you have to go with your instincts. They’re often right. I did it on the Sunday in 2019, I’d decided on Janelle Monae but when it became clear I’d be on my own I changed last minute and went to The Cure. That turned out to be a life changer.

19 hours ago, Mouseboy11 said:

19 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Yep, a daytime Pyramid slot from him would be an absolute hoot and draw a huge crowd. 

Yeah I agree - I have a feeling he’d get a huge crowd too. I get the sense that mums and very young kids like him. I can imagine lots of families in the crowd watching him.