2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

Yeah he seems like such a down to earth and funny guy and it’s awesome to see him get so successful after all odds were on him being a one hit wonder and disappearing into obscurity, but his brand of corny hip hop really doesn’t strike me as something Glastonbury would be rushing to have headline, especially over some of the other potential acts in that genre who’ve yet to do it. Maybe he could play third/fourth down the Pyramid if he didn’t feel he was too big for a slot like that, but I just don’t see him as a headliner at all.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Would imagine he’s well below Kendrick and Dave in the list of rappers the festival want to headline.

Well considering a lot of you wouldnt even want Tyler to headline even though he has the cred and deep catalog, then Lil Nas has a negative chance despite the commercial success and exceeding a lot of peoples expectations time and time again so far. 

IOW have been going these way for a few years but COVID obviously has not helped. IMO they realised its way more profitable to drop the tickets down in price, just away from what we would consider a 3 day premium price in this country and then not have to pay the big bucks for the likes of Fleetwood etc. but still manage to sell enough tickets. Last time I went was for the day to see Arcade Fire and the crowd was so small after first fews songs, does not really make much sense to go after these bands anymore where as Duran Duran, Liam Gallagher and likes are just recognizable enough to casual music fans. A far cry from the last weekend I did with Fleetwood/Blur.

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

With the album picking up good reviews should we start to consider Lil Nas X joining the headliner pool for 2023 and beyond?

2023 might come a bit early if the Eavi have a few headliners and pre lim talks to rearrange but no doubt his star is rising. Reading and Leeds one year, glasto a year or 2 after would be my bet

4 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Tyler's got hee haw chance of being a household name here.

If Nas X decides to give the UK a charm offensive and shows up on the right TV shows then he could easily become a rapper your mum has heard of, so to speak.

He'd be a great booking, VMA performance was a banger.