2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

13 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Keep hearing on the radio that it's IOW this weekend so thought I'd fire up the clashfinder to see who's on... Fuck me that is terrible!! I mean seriously bad, like one of the worst festival lineups I have ever seen!

I get that there's mitigation due to Covid and all but it's just terrible. There are huge gaps between acts, tomorrow the stages don't start until 4pm. The third biggest billed stage is all cover bands!!!

Looks like a two, or even one, day festival that's been desperately stretched over an entire weekend.

Radio Two's Big Weekend

12 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Keep hearing on the radio that it's IOW this weekend so thought I'd fire up the clashfinder to see who's on... Fuck me that is terrible!! I mean seriously bad, like one of the worst festival lineups I have ever seen!

I get that there's mitigation due to Covid and all but it's just terrible. There are huge gaps between acts, tomorrow the stages don't start until 4pm. The third biggest billed stage is all cover bands!!!

Looks like a two, or even one, day festival that's been desperately stretched over an entire weekend.

You also would think that they would just post the schedule already in an easy to find place on their website. But nope, you need their app. Is it so difficult to do that without demanding everyones info? There are some festivals which create lock screen schedules so you can glance at them and not have to worry so much about fumbling with your phone.

22 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Completely horrendous. 

2 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I thought you were all being harsh but I've had a look and nope, it's pretty poor. There's a few I'd be happy to see, Supergrass, James and the like but overall it's pretty thin gruel. What's with all the tribute acts? 

Weird isn't it? Like Hugh said I know we're cutting everyone some slack this year, but that's taking the piss a smidge!

6 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I thought you were all being harsh but I've had a look and nope, it's pretty poor. There's a few I'd be happy to see, Supergrass, James and the like but overall it's pretty thin gruel. What's with all the tribute acts? 

Hopefully me and @Hugh Jass are in agreement here but IOW’s target audience is people who haven’t listened to anything new in decades. It’s a day out with the kids. Anything that’s too progressive or modern doesn’t fit the vibe. MOR Radio 1 pop and music made to fill time on Radio 2 is their target audience.

8 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Hopefully me and @Hugh Jass are in agreement here but IOW’s target audience is people who haven’t listened to anything new in decades. It’s a day out with the kids. Anything that’s too progressive or modern doesn’t fit the vibe. MOR Radio 1 pop and music made to fill time on Radio 2 is their target audience.

Yeah I’d agree.

Another festival who seemed to completely lose their identity. Surely not long for this world.

17 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

For everyone going have a great time the last thing u want to be doing is reading how shit the lineup is on here … it’s music it’s live and a chance to drink and meet mates 

In fairness though, I get you. Back in January/February, if this was all that was on offer for the summer I would probably have taken it. Not for the lineup, naturally. But simply being back in a field in a festival setting for a few days regardless of who was playing was a great feeling back in July. I didn't realise just how much I missed that aspect of it, until I got back after the forced two-year absence. 

2 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

In fairness though, I get you. Back in January/February, if this was all that was on offer for the summer I would probably have taken it. Not for the lineup, naturally. But simply being back in a field in a festival setting for a few days regardless of who was playing was a great feeling back in July. I didn't realise just how much I missed that aspect of it, until I got back after the forced two-year absence. 

I agree with you… in theory.

When faced with the reality of it being 20.00 and the only live act on offer is The Script I politely disagree…

1 minute ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Sometimes there’s downtime … it looks like there might be some as has been posted … some might check for secret sets etc …. Others might not … we all do things differently… but yep to the bottom bit 🙂 I had a quick browse on here whilst in my tent at beautifull days before things got going for the day 😀

5 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Sometimes there’s downtime … it looks like there might be some as has been posted … some might check for secret sets etc …. Others might not … we all do things differently… but yep to the bottom bit 🙂 I had a quick browse on here whilst in my tent at beautifull days before things got going for the day 😀

To be fair if they are already there then they are presumably under no illusions to the extent of the horror they are facing.

7 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I agree with you… in theory.

When faced with the reality of it being 20.00 and the only live act on offer is The Script I politely disagree…

I've just seen the Sunday clashfinder. Faced with the return ferry with thousands of others and negating the need to take a day's holiday on the Monday, my tactic would be to leave on the Sunday morning. There's still three days of fun to be had, Thursday to Saturday, even if the music is less than inspiring. 

11 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

To be fair if they are already there then they are presumably under no illusions to the extent of the horror they are facing.

And some quite probably booked tickets knowing that … I do see the point that’s being made absolutely …. But then again I’m quite happy having a night out with mates and questionable music … 

9 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I've just seen the Sunday clashfinder. Faced with the return ferry with thousands of others and negating the need to take a day's holiday on the Monday, my tactic would be to leave on the Sunday morning. There's still three days of fun to be had, Thursday to Saturday, even if the music is less than inspiring. 

What really offends me is Duran Duran, one of the few acts I would genuinely want to see, are on last of the whole weekend. Meaning I’d have to sit through the entire pissing thing to watch them. Of course by that point I would have drank myself into oblivion out of sheer boredom rendering any attempt to actually enjoy them futile.