2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

I haven’t seen any evidence really that anything has changed - they seem to be doing what they’ve been doing for a while. Everywhere they go they headline. That year at T was a bizarre lineup and they headlined at R&L that year. T is an anomaly and their recent track record imo just proves that it was even more.

Yeah I think they see themselves as headliners and rightfully so. Just depends if they know or care about Glastonbury , I reckon bands make exceptions for things like Glasto if they are aware of its size and prestige.

23 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

Honestly, you're missing out. Having seen them at APE and Roundhouse in 2019/20, they were awesome both times. That's been the general consensus too from the majority of people who have seen them going from various reviews/reports despite them being notoriously lacklustre previously. Think a few here who were at those two sets would agree - I'd definitely recommend catching them if you can.

As I say, I plan on catching them at Primavera. But they didn't get glowing reviews from my friends at APE so I'm not too concerned. Roundhouse I can imagine having been good tbf but, either way, I'll try to keep an open mind.

27 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

Honestly, you're missing out. Having seen them at APE and Roundhouse in 2019/20, they were awesome both times. That's been the general consensus too from the majority of people who have seen them going from various reviews/reports despite them being notoriously lacklustre previously. Think a few here who were at those two sets would agree - I'd definitely recommend catching them if you can.

Will echo this! Roundhouse felt like the band loving being together again. 

Was too young in their prime, but saw them when they were did the secret gig at Dingwalls, Isle of Wight fest, Hyde Park and APE and every time they were good but just looked like they didn’t really want to be there much, particularly at the last two. 

At the roundhouse on the other hand they really felt like a band of brothers again.  Who knows, it could have just been the intimacy of the gig and they’ll slip back into appearing bored but I’ve got high hopes - some friends saw their New York gig they did a few months back and said it was incredible too (although again that could just be the post-Covid euphoria of live music)

56 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

I know PSB previously said they will now only play in the dark BUT does the prospect of subbing Elton possibly change their mind?

Obviously I don't know their thought process, but it really shouldn't. They need the darkness (or more accurately, the lighting possibilities that darkness allows) more than most acts. If you take away the "show" aspects of their performance, they'd be two blokes stood largely static on stage for an hour - one behind a microphone stand and the other behind some keyboards.

I've not seen their current show, so this may be different now, but the couple times I have seen them they leaned heavily on lighting and the show wouldn't work nearly as well without full control.

This may sound slightly dismissive but it's absolutely not intended that way - their Other Stage show in 2010 was one of the best things I've ever seen on that stage.

• Upvote 1

I've seen The Strokes live 7 times, and I maintain that they were only crap once (and even then I'd lay the blame squarly at the foot of the venue, there's a reason Braehead Arena's gigs had been few and far between since those days). Even the time they played Glasgow Green when Julian was in a wheelchair was terrific.

1 hour ago, Mouseboy11 said:

That looks absolutely shite tbh.

1 hour ago, nikkic said:

Yeah pretty “meh” for me. 

Would probably head to The Glade to get my ears smashed in. 

Love it, that would give me serious headaches between Isley Brothers, Manics and PSB!

3 minutes ago, Quark said:

Love it, that would give me serious headaches between Isley Brothers, Manics and PSB!

On reflection I’d probably end up at Isley Bro’s or PSB, but neither are must sees for me.

Tbh if we get Reg and/or Macca it would be more than enough for me. 

3 hours ago, incident said:

Obviously I don't know their thought process, but it really shouldn't. They need the darkness (or more accurately, the lighting possibilities that darkness allows) more than most acts. If you take away the "show" aspects of their performance, they'd be two blokes stood largely static on stage for an hour - one behind a microphone stand and the other behind some keyboards.

I've not seen their current show, so this may be different now, but the couple times I have seen them they leaned heavily on lighting and the show wouldn't work nearly as well without full control.

This may sound slightly dismissive but it's absolutely not intended that way - their Other Stage show in 2010 was one of the best things I've ever seen on that stage.

PSBs were extremely good when they subbed the Pyramid... they just banged out the hits (... in daylight).

4 minutes ago, Homer said:

PSBs were extremely good when they subbed the Pyramid... they just banged out the hits (... in daylight).

I’d challenge anyone to say they don’t know 5 songs in a psb set …. Covered the generations but maybe I’m a bit swayed by my best friend being a super fan … and owning a pair of £1000 PSB shoes … currently hidden in his shed as he doesn’t want the wife to see them 🙂 

37 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I’d challenge anyone to say they don’t know 5 songs in a psb set …. Covered the generations but maybe I’m a bit swayed by my best friend being a super fan … and owning a pair of £1000 PSB shoes … currently hidden in his shed as he doesn’t want the wife to see them 🙂 

I know 2