2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

32 minutes ago, PolygonWindow said:

2023 I reckon. Think more people would have an inkling for 2022 by now.

is she known for announcing dates WAY in advance ? Might be thinking of someone else.

The Europe stuff last time was pretty far in advance. Just depends if now this is maybe a limited set of dates around a Glasto appearance. Or if she is willing to do a one off.

4 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

The Europe stuff last time was pretty far in advance. Just depends if now this is maybe a limited set of dates around a Glasto appearance. Or if she is willing to do a one off.

It was right around this time of year that she announced the lover tour in 2019. We’re in the window for an announcement for sure.

8 hours ago, jparx said:

It was right around this time of year that she announced the lover tour in 2019. We’re in the window for an announcement for sure.

Yeah but there arent any Euro fests to drop a poster for next year which forces the action of announcing surrounding dates. So either there is full confidence things can go on in 9 months or you keep waiting. They can just have holds on venues til you have to forcibly decide on giving up the dates so somebody else can book it.

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

Yeah but there arent any Euro fests to drop a poster for next year which forces the action of announcing surrounding dates. So either there is full confidence things can go on in 9 months or you keep waiting. They can just have holds on venues til you have to forcibly decide on giving up the dates so somebody else can book it.

Nah she could definitely announce a chunk at once. Quite a few right now have missing headliners.

15 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I’m resigned to Billie playing. Otherwise Kendrick, Macca, Reg would be my trio.

I haven’t completely ruled out the three original headliners still being in the frame. Michael said recently that they’ve still got most of ‘the bands’ from 2020.

Could be that Neil’s info isn’t right (has happened before), or possibly Billie is a replacement for LDR, rather than Kendrick. Long shot I know 

10 minutes ago, henry bear said:

I haven’t completely ruled out the three original headliners still being in the frame. Michael said recently that they’ve still got most of ‘the bands’ from 2020.

Could be that Neil’s info isn’t right (has happened before), or possibly Billie is a replacement for LDR, rather than Kendrick. Long shot I know 

I'm inclined to think Neil's got this right, especially as he's had the Other headliner as part of the package too.

On 9/12/2021 at 12:46 PM, Ddiamondd said:

If Dua headlines the Other, then she's 10000% nailed on to pop out for a Sunday night duet.

Maybe Relton will also bring out a few of the Lil Nas Xs and Young Thugs he genuinely loves and supports.

Then: pow, second encore, fry-up eating competition with his aul' mate Pete. Gonna be historical.

If Elton Brings out Young Thug I might cry

7 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Beginning to think QOTSA will be removed from the bill. Was never announced and Homme is in the shit atm.

Wolf Alice, who we collectively sorta think might sub Other, would slot up into position very easily.

If they drop QOTSA then Royal Blood would, IMO, be the pick to step up. I had them down as a potential sub but would fit headlining Other opposite Billie pretty well.

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

If they drop QOTSA then Royal Blood would, IMO, be the pick to step up. I had them down as a potential sub but would fit headlining Other opposite Billie pretty well.

Should have been their first pick for an other headline slot anyway tbh. Royal Blood would be a great other headliner for 2022. QOTSA are a great get, but I think bands like Royal Blood are the ones the festival should really be propping up.

Edited by Matt42

5 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Yeah, I know that, but there's a difference between circumstances in one specific court case and Homme doing a clear-the-air interview or press push. He fessed up when he kicked the photographer, iirc.

PR rulebook 101. You cultivate your public image while dealing with legal issues on the low.

Yeah, but when he kicked the female photographer in the head, didn't he, er, do it in front of a huge crowd of people?