2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

56 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

May be controversial....but Elton. Seems to be rising a bit of a wave at the moment.

Don't think that's controversial at all. I think it's Elton and it won't even be close.

Macca has done it before and I think a lot of people continue to underestimate how much of a selling point the "final tour" thing is (even if it's lasting forever and may not actually be the end). I mean, just between the 2021 and 2022 shows (so ignoring the stuff held pre-pandemic) Elton must already have sold well over half a million tickets in England and I can't see Macca getting close to those numbers at this point.

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

More importantly who is the bigger deal of the weekend?

🤔

I'm leaning towards Reg now. In my head he has more potential for Glasto moments. 

Christ, what an absolute embarrassment of riches it'll be if we have Reg and Macca. Truly stuff for the ages. 

(No idea if embarrassment of riches actually means too much of a good thing usually, but I'm going with it anyway)

Edited by Zacko

16 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

By that logic, this would rule Phoebe out of a Saturday night Park headline slot too.  Maybe Friday or Sunday, but she'd surely want to be free in case the call comes...

image.png

I find that often acts don’t bring out guests at glasto. Usually the stick to their own sets. I could see Elton bringing out years & years though!

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

I find that often acts don’t bring out guests at glasto. Usually the stick to their own sets. I could see Elton bringing out years & years though!

True about guests usually being fantasy but Elton has such huge form for collaborating with all manner of artists in big live performances that I'd be surprised if he doesn't. Would be disappointed, given the magnitude of the gig, if Years & Years was brought out.

Elton does have form for special guests at his own shows so it’s not beyond the realms of possibility that he’d get someone out.

Macca loves a guest, last time I saw him he wheeled Ringo and Ronnie Wood out for a jam, more a question of who rather than if.

(Of course we all need to prepare ourselves for the grim spectre of Chris Martin shuffling out with one or both of them)

25 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

True about guests usually being fantasy but Elton has such huge form for collaborating with all manner of artists in big live performances that I'd be surprised if he doesn't. Would be disappointed, given the magnitude of the gig, if Years & Years was brought out.

5 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Elton does have form for special guests at his own shows so it’s not beyond the realms of possibility that he’d get someone out.

Macca loves a guest, last time I saw him he wheeled Ringo and Ronnie Wood out for a jam, more a question of who rather than if.

(Of course we all need to prepare ourselves for the grim spectre of Chris Martin shuffling out with one or both of them)

I’m not ruling it out but I don’t get my hopes up for guests - just doesn’t seem to happen often. The standard seems to be that when you headline Glastonbury it’s all about you - and if there are guests they tend to be more on the random side rather than the obvious side. Like the Killers bringing out Pet Shop Boys.

Edited by Matt42

Also - Stormzy brought out Chris Martin and Dave / Fredo. Chris Martin to feature on a song he didn’t work on, and Dave / Fredo to perform a song that Stormzy had no involvement in. I can’t think of a time where there’s been an obvious Glastonbury guest - maybe Nick at Kylie? Then again I wouldn’t have expected that over some other options.

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Also - Stormzy brought out Chris Martin and Dave / Fredo. Chris Martin to feature on a song he didn’t work on, and Dave / Fredo to perform a song that Stormzy had no involvement in. I can’t think of a time where there’s been an obvious Glastonbury guest - maybe Nick at Kylie? Then again I wouldn’t have expected that over some other options.

Try disclosure ?