2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

31 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Eyes on whether a second elton date is coming 

Surely gotta be coming. They clearly anticipated the high demand if that placeholder date info is true. I’m surprised it sold so quickly, but then I guess FOMO must’ve really set in for a lot of people during the long wait between announcing his previous dates all that time ago and them finally happening. 

8 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Surely gotta be coming. They clearly anticipated the high demand if that placeholder date info is true. I’m surprised it sold so quickly, but then I guess FOMO must’ve really set in for a lot of people during the long wait between announcing his previous dates all that time ago and them finally happening. 

Didn’t this get pushed as the ‘last London date for Elton John’? Not that it matters a lot (probs said it about the O2) but maybe if they were holding another back they wouldn’t have?

On 9/8/2021 at 9:07 AM, SwedgeAntilles said:

I'd argue 2017 Saturday was even worse than Sunday in terms of options being thin on the ground.

I know I'm late to this but for real? 

For me, the Foos were awesome! Absolutely love watching them live. With Avalanches into The National beforehand. 

And Sunday had one of the greatest runs of acts I've ever seen close out a festival: Chic -> The Cinematic Orchestra -> Moderat -> Justice. 

2017 really was just a great year for me. 

6 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Announcement from BST doesn’t seem to point towards anymore dates. You’d think they’d want to get another out straight away.

D5119753-E979-4554-8795-B1CE2D1386D7.png

Hmm yeah does seem rather finite. Has BST ever announced a second show after one sold out, and was it announced straight away, or is this the first time it would happen? Other than Pearl Jam I can’t think of another act who got the double treatment.

43 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Hmm yeah does seem rather finite. Has BST ever announced a second show after one sold out, and was it announced straight away, or is this the first time it would happen? Other than Pearl Jam I can’t think of another act who got the double treatment.

Rolling Stones did two shows in 2013. I can't remember how/when the second show was announced though. It might have even been announced at the same time.

Edited by incident

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

That's the money he's not making at Glastonbury. I'd be surprised by now if he's not the Sunday night headliner.

I think that's your trio of Billie, Macca and Elton. 

I’m reluctant to go all in and say that’s our trio, especially with Elton’s form of touring locally around Glastonbury quite often, but yeah… I’m inclined to think we might have it nailed down.

Two geezers sat behind pianos might seem a bit of a shit pairing for some, especially along with a mopey gal, but that’s a shit hot trio of headliners regardless of what you think of each individual act.

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

That's the money he's not making at Glastonbury. I'd be surprised by now if he's not the Sunday night headliner.

I think that's your trio of Billie, Macca and Elton. 

6 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I’m reluctant to go all in and say that’s our trio, especially with Elton’s form of touring locally around Glastonbury quite often, but yeah… I’m inclined to think we might have it nailed down.

Two geezers sat behind pianos might seem a bit of a shit pairing for some, especially along with a mopey gal, but that’s a shit hot trio of headliners regardless of what you think of each individual act.

It’s a great trio but something doesn’t quite sit right with me about it. Doesn’t click as a glasto trio. Feels like two marquee heritage headliners in one year. But I guess this next festival is going to be a bit different anyway due to who is around.

I feel that if Billie and Elton are two of the headliners I’d wager the third isn’t one of 2020s. Just because it would make sense in my mind that they’ve lined up who they had planned for 2021 but rolled over a year.

Who I want - Billie, Macca, Taylor

My prediction right now- Billie, Arctic Monkeys, Elton John.

Something about BE, AM, EJ feels very glastonbury

Edited by Matt42

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Two of the biggest artists in history would be remarkable. 

Not many festivals in the world are getting that.

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

It’s a great trio but something doesn’t quite sit right with me about it. Doesn’t click as a glasto trio. Feels like two marquee heritage headliners in one year. But I guess this next festival is going to be a bit different anyway due to who is around.

I feel that if Billie and Elton are two of the headliners I’d wager the third isn’t one of 2020s. Just because it would make sense in my mind that they’ve lined up who they had planned for 2021 but rolled over a year.

Who I want - Billie, Macca, Taylor

My prediction right now- Billie, Arctic Monkeys, Elton John.

Something about BE, AM, EJ feels very glastonbury

Nah, I’m sticking with it being a now or never type deal for both Macca and Elton and so they’ve got them both. The festival losing two years must’ve put a big crimp in its heritage headliner plans as they’re all closer and closer to approaching retirement so for one year at least I really don’t see it being a problem having two; it certainly wasn’t a problem in 2009 when they took the opportunity of having two old dad rockers headline. 

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Nah, I’m sticking with it being a now or never type deal for both Macca and Elton and so they’ve got them both. The festival losing two years must’ve put a big crimp in its heritage headliner plans as they’re all closer and closer to approaching retirement so for one year at least I really don’t see it being a problem having two; it certainly wasn’t a problem in 2009 when they took the opportunity of having two old dad rockers headline. 

Yeah I understand the 2009 comparison but Macca and Elton in the same year is next level massive. Not knocking Springsteen or Neil but that is two genuine GOAT legends in one year. It would be a trio for the history books.

An incredible feat for Billie sharing the top bill with Macca, Elton and Ross. That’s insanely huge.

Edited by Matt42

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Yeah I understand the 2009 comparison but Macca and Elton in the same year is next level massive. Not knocking Springsteen or Neil but that is two genuine GOAT legends in one year. It would be a trio for the history books.

An incredible feat for Billie sharing the top bill with Macca, Elton and Ross. That’s insanely huge.

Yeah it’s two ginormous headliners, but tbh wouldn’t they want exactly that on their returning year? Huge ‘we’re still the best’ moment from the festival announcing those two as headliners and a big deal for all of those that held on to their tickets for two years.

I’m sure something is gonna come along and shit all over this now like the addition of a new Elton date tomorrow, but until then, I’m rolling with it being that trio. 

11 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah this is my thinking too. They won’t say “sorry Paul/Elton, we’ve already got one old geezer lined up. Maybe try again next year?” They’ll be aware of the limited remaining opportunities to book these guys.

Given that he’s selling out everywhere Elton is still very much the hottest act they can book.

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Yeah this is my thinking too. They won’t say “sorry Paul/Elton, we’ve already got one old geezer lined up. Maybe try again next year?” They’ll be aware of the limited remaining opportunities to book these guys.

Given that he’s selling out everywhere Elton is still very much the hottest act they can book.

I just texted my friend if they would like Billie, Paul, Elton, Diana as the top line and they said it’s too much old. And after the recent years it would stick out like a sore thumb. They said it looks weird to follow up headliners like Stormzy / Kendrick with that.

I imagine that if that is the top bill id imagine a fair few “youngsters” in big positions. Maybe some UK Rap on the pyramid / other stage? Dave/ AJ Tracey/Aitch in big positions I’d put a bet on.

Edited by Matt42

19 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I just texted my friend if they would like Billie, Paul, Elton, Diana as the top line and they said it’s too much old. And after the recent years it would stick out like a sore thumb. They said it looks weird to follow up headliners like Stormzy / Kendrick with that.

I imagine that if that is the top bill id imagine a fair few “youngsters” in big positions. Maybe some UK Rap on the pyramid / other stage? Dave/ AJ Tracey/Aitch in big positions I’d put a bet on.

Does Billie Eilish not fit the “young” profile?

Yes Stormzy was booked, but so were the Cure and the Killers - one heritage and a long term veteran of the festival circuit.