2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

6 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

2017 Sunday was a bit grim. I thought Ed vs BBK was a bit weird. I was going to go to Justice but it wasn’t really what I fancied at the time. I think I saw metronomy in the JP instead.

Late night DJ options were pretty shit that night too. Think we just sat somewhere and got waved.

Yeh this Sunday wasn't great, we ended up watching 5 songs of Ed then moved over to justice who were great. Moved onto hacktivist in shangri la which was really fun

3 hours ago, Quark said:

I'm kinda with you on that. Billie does nowt for me and I've never really been into QOTSA. But as nikkic points out I'll just be at another stage! Still got my hopes pinned on the original plan of the Manics playing Friday night

QOTSA vs Manics.. hope manics are on a different night. First potential clash for me.

4 hours ago, Quark said:

I'm kinda with you on that. Billie does nowt for me and I've never really been into QOTSA. But as nikkic points out I'll just be at another stage! Still got my hopes pinned on the original plan of the Manics playing Friday night

I need this to happen. And for it to be a clash with Billie and not someone else I really wanna see. Not too much to ask surely?

Was it definitely the Friday Manics were down for? I know it was The Park, which would be absolute perfection.

14 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

In both instances I should have just headed for a decent DJ somewhere.

Ah the joy of hindsight!

I honestly think that's the headliner fallacy, the idea that come that final slot you "should" be at one of the main stages having the time of your life. Every year I try not to fall for it, and every year I do the same bloody thing 😄

31 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Saturday 2017 and Sunday 2013 both stand out to me as nights where I just wandered about a bit aimlessly. In both instances I should have just headed for a decent DJ somewhere.

We did exactly that. Goldies Rave set at Arcadia was quality in 2017

18 minutes ago, Quark said:

Ah the joy of hindsight!

I honestly think that's the headliner fallacy, the idea that come that final slot you "should" be at one of the main stages having the time of your life. Every year I try not to fall for it, and every year I do the same bloody thing 😄

I always naturally default to the Pyramid if there's nothing on I fancy.

1 hour ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

I ended up outside the Crow's Nest for King Gizz

We did too, absolutely rammed in there. That was about 11:30 from memory after the stages had closed down.

Saw the first few songs from the Foos and couldn't stomach the hubris and the  banter. Wandered off the long way via West Holts up to the Crows nest.

1 minute ago, Ddiamondd said:

Yeah, ditto. The crowd were extremely in the mood for Dave's arsing around and enabled that extra layer of flab, moreso maybe than he usually could have got away with. A real case of crowd and headliner on the same wavelength.

Could have done with an extra Breakout or Generator, but hey, it's fine. Extremely fun show.

Think this is what frustrated me, they could have played Stacked Actors, Breakout, The One and Hey Johnny Park in the time they spent arsing around.

4 hours ago, Quark said:

I appear to remain in the efests (at least vocal) minority of having thoroughly enjoyed the Foos.

Didn't realise it was a thing. Thought they were brilliant and absolutely loved it. I completely lost our group of 8 between Other Stage and Pyramid...ended up following the wrong group of people, rather intoxicated obviously, and with zero phone battery. Soon snapped out of that when they stopped and I realised it wasn't my mates. Watched the whole gig chatting to folk around me (including the group who had the dreaded "Monday is Coming" flag).

Anyway. Great show!