2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

19 minutes ago, Justcalledtosay said:

Really not bothered by a Billie/QOTS Friday night. Hope that’s wrong.

I'm kinda with you on that. Billie does nowt for me and I've never really been into QOTSA. But as nikkic points out I'll just be at another stage! Still got my hopes pinned on the original plan of the Manics playing Friday night

1 minute ago, Quark said:

I'm kinda with you on that. Billie does nowt for me and I've never really been into QOTSA. But as nikkic points out I'll just be at another stage! Still got my hopes pinned on the original plan of the Manics playing Friday night

Manics on The Park, Little Simz on WH and something dancey on JP would be a pretty balanced spread. 

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

Though the idea that's there's *always* something amazing on one of the other stages doesn't always hold true. I've definitely had nights with slim pickings.

True, but a very small percentage.

I’ve had 1 night across 8 festivals where nothing took my fancy. 

Ended up wandering around SE Corner and had a blast anyway. 

10 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Though the idea that's there's *always* something amazing on one of the other stages doesn't always hold true. I've definitely had nights with slim pickings.

That is true (been there myself), but there's always a decent chance you'll find something to amuse you. The chances of there being something you properly don't enjoy on every stage is even slimmer.

35 minutes ago, nikkic said:

True, but a very small percentage.

I’ve had 1 night across 8 festivals where nothing took my fancy. 

Ended up wandering around SE Corner and had a blast anyway. 

25 minutes ago, Quark said:

That is true (been there myself), but there's always a decent chance you'll find something to amuse you. The chances of there being something you properly don't enjoy on every stage is even slimmer.

Aye...but you're there to see the best bands in the world, not a pub band.

55 minutes ago, Quark said:

My exact thoughts last time when it was Kendrick and Fatboy.  I’d have wandered off to another smaller stage and had an amazing time

25 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Aye...but you're there to see the best bands in the world, not a 

Not really true I would say. Always something and often amazing Djs and non music stuff. Be very hard not to find something great, I am there for far more than just seeing "best bands in the world"

Edited by fred quimby

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Billy Bragg in the left field on a Friday evening for me

22 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

Not really true I would say. Always something and often amazing Djs and non music stuff. Be very hard not to find something great, I am there for far more than just seeing "best bands in the world"

During the day sure.....but ending the evening with a bang is definitely my M.O.

2017 Sunday was a bit grim. I thought Ed vs BBK was a bit weird. I was going to go to Justice but it wasn’t really what I fancied at the time. I think I saw metronomy in the JP instead.

Late night DJ options were pretty shit that night too. Think we just sat somewhere and got waved.