2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

2 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Taylor's biggest issue now is shoehorning a set into 100 minutes...

I’m quite confident she will do a 2 hour job. She likes performing and she won’t do a super short set list. Her set list is going to incredibly unpredictable though as all of her old material is at the top of her Spotify again. I think it’s more likely we will get a greatest hits set from her rather than lots of deep cuts. Maybe 1/3 tracks from each album following Fearless? The only record I can’t see much being played from is Speak Now.

13 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Taylor's biggest issue now is shoehorning a set into 100 minutes...

Is there anything stopping her from starting at 9pm and going til 11:30? Probably an easy way to split up the set with an outfit change/mini break and keep going. You can argue that nobody would care if it was that long due to not having had a performance in so long, so take it all in if you can. Macca will perform that long so what is stopping a younger artist from doing the same in order to fit in all the material.

Edited by Suprefan

Setlist

1. Willow 

2. I Knew You Were Trouble

3. Blank Space

4. Cardigan

5. Lover

6. Love Story

7. London Boy

8. Champagne Problems

9. Delicate

10. August

11. We are never getting back together / Look What You Made Me Do / Bad Blood / Me - Medly

12. Getaway Car

13. Exile // Evermore

*break

14. Red

15. No Body No Crime (feat HAIM).

16. All Too Well

17. Shake It Off

Imagine if Relton said it’s 2022 or nothing but both Macca and Taylor said they’ll be back. Do they drop the world’s biggest pop star and a super rare festival act for living legend heritage act? Imagine the conversations.

I still think at this point (and they might be miles away from this by now) they give first refusal to the 2020 headliners. I reckon they’d try and move heaven and earth to keep everyone happy, but if both Macca and Taylor hold, and Relton insists it’s headliner position or bust (i.e. no specially extended legend slot), then it’s bust. 

13 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Elton’s tour is going all the way through 2023.

He’s currently got dates in Germany and France a few weeks before Glasto 23.

No reason it has to be next year or bust.

We’ve got two shots at this. 

But there will be come a point when it's not the deal it is now. Already a huge UK tour, add BST to that. Glastonbury really want to be the 3rd option down the line when they've not actually booked him before now anyway?

46 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

But there will be come a point when it's not the deal it is now. Already a huge UK tour, add BST to that. Glastonbury really want to be the 3rd option down the line when they've not actually booked him before now anyway?

Unsure of what point you’re trying to make here. 

But to clarify.....

Of course his 2022 tour dates (currently) fit better, but if a 2nd BST date is announced it doesn’t mean we’re at the end of The Yellow Brick Road.

There’s still a chance it could be 2023.

12 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Or beyond that. He’s said this is the last tour, but he isn’t stopping performing altogether. Maybe he wants to milk this tour now, with the possibility of a high profile Glasto show in a few years

Basically....

It ain’t over until he’s pushing up daisies. 

1 hour ago, nikkic said:

But to clarify.....

Of course his 2022 tour dates (currently) fit better, but if a 2nd BST date is announced it doesn’t mean we’re at the end of The Yellow Brick Road.

Considering that those Euro dates got pushed it would seem to be a better swan song now. He could be on Saturday night and it would have a massive tv audience. Tough to argue. 

4 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Just as devil’s advocate… is he holding the second date in case the GF talks don’t go well?

I’d imagine Glasto is pretty firmed up now. Probably for both 2022 and 2023. I don’t think there will be much negotiating going on anymore. They will know who they want and know who intends to play. September is usually the time when pen goes to paper.

Edited by Matt42

59 minutes ago, kalifire said:

What’s that idea based on? 

Just seems to be the time where most June festivals finalise their lineups / headliners and start making announcements. It seems to be the time where things start getting locked in (especially those who play to tour the June EU circuit). For example the European festivals usually complete their lineups around now / or have a pretty clear idea of who will be playing them.

Obviously Glastonbury has a slightly different model - but things do start to narrow a bit around this time. Aka - whoever plans to be in Europe around June starts booking it around September. 

The tour announcements that get announced between now and the end of the year usually give us a good indication of who is around.

Edited by Matt42

9 hours ago, nikkic said:

But to clarify.....

Well read it again then. It fits much better for this year. Why do Glastonbury want a headliner that they've never gone for on their 3rd round of dates?

Elton himself has said he's never been asked. The Stones said the same, their management haven't said most likely but The Stones are a totally different deal. Glastonbury are never going to book a bigger deal.

27 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Well read it again then. It fits much better for this year. Why do Glastonbury want a headliner that they've never gone for on their 3rd round of dates?

Elton himself has said he's never been asked. The Stones said the same, their management haven't said most likely but The Stones are a totally different deal. Glastonbury are never going to book a bigger deal.

The Stones took the approach of just outright lying to the press for a long time though. We know they were asked for 2010 and have been on the eavis fridge list for a long time. They denied they were doing 2013 right up until the end.

Elton has said nothing, which is very different the stones, but it feels like a different sort of relationship with the festival anyway.

Edited by Matt42

52 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I literally said this 😂

Edited by nikkic

I absolutely love all the speculation. 

It's got me thinking how good a Glasto documentary series would be. Six episodes covering a year in the Glasto lifecycle, from the end of one festival right up til the start of the next and covering all the booking processes, build up, behind the scenes drama etc. Inject it into my veins!

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Zacko said:

It's got me thinking how good a Glasto documentary series would be. Six episodes covering a year in the Glasto lifecycle, from the end of one festival right up til the start of the next and covering all the booking processes, build up, behind the scenes drama etc. Inject it into my veins!

That would be a brilliant show!! Great idea. 

8 hours ago, Zacko said:

You would have to have every single agent and label to agree to that kind of access which is where it gets shut down as an idea from the booking perspective. Most of them would not consent to phone calls/meetings being documented and the arguing/negotiating that happens. Who is willing to reveal everything you have to throw at a big artist to get them to sign? And then you would show everyone else that isnt that artist how it goes and maybe upset some others as to maybe why they didnt get offered a certain slot? That stuff gets talked about face to face, but its not out there for public consumption for good reason. Theres been plenty of material thats gone up on bbc when it comes to building the fest and such. The behind the scenes Glasto movie stuff from this year is kind of like the extent of what we would get cause it was the process of making it all happen without getting totally into who was possibly an option to perform and all. Like those stories of Chris Martin agreeing to Coldplay performing without their agent knowing, or Adele saying yes after watching one year on the side of the Pyramid with Emily and Prince blowing them off after one rumor the day after he agreed are all you're getting and most of these things are not as exciting as you think. Do you want to see the scene when they book Muse to headline and give each other a high five, but you'll just be upset about it cause its Muse getting booked and not an Oasis reunion? It might only sound exciting to you because theyll take months of work on booking somebody and shorten it into 1 minute of footage.

Edited by Suprefan

4 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

You would have to have every single agent and label to agree to that kind of access which is where it gets shut down as an idea from the booking perspective. Most of them would not consent to phone calls/meetings being documented and the arguing/negotiating that happens. Who is willing to reveal everything you have to throw at a big artist to get them to sign? And then you would show everyone else that isnt that artist how it goes and maybe upset some others as to maybe why they didnt get offered a certain slot? That stuff gets talked about face to face, but its not out there for public consumption for good reason. Theres been plenty of material thats gone up on bbc when it comes to building the fest and such. The behind the scenes Glasto movie stuff from this year is kind of like the extent of what we would get cause it was the process of making it all happen without getting totally into who was possibly an option to perform and all. Like those stories of Chris Martin agreeing to Coldplay performing without their agent knowing, or Adele saying yes after watching one year on the side of the Pyramid with Emily and Prince blowing them off after one rumor the day after he agreed are all you're getting and most of these things are not as exciting as you think. Do you want to see the scene when they book Muse to headline and give each other a high five, but you'll just be upset about it cause its Muse getting booked and not an Oasis reunion? It might only sound exciting to you because theyll take months of work on booking somebody and shorten it into 1 minute of footage.

Well that sucked the fun out of that idea.

• Upvote 10