2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

9 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Yeah on the arenas this year, but his run of stadium shows next summer are just one and on to the next one. He isn’t doing consecutive nights anywhere.

Not sure he could sell two nights at Hyde Park anyway after shifting 200k tickets for London this November.

Yeah I doubt it either. 

If someone is savvy on his team they’d realise Glasto is a great way to eek out more revenue, for someone who has basically played every city, venue and 3rd tier football stadium in the country. 

3 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Yeah I doubt it either. 

If someone is savvy on his team they’d realise Glasto is a great way to eek out more revenue, for someone who has basically played every city, venue and 3rd tier football stadium in the country. 

I mean one of his last ever UK shows closing out Glastonbury to a rapturous crowd and millions watching at home?

He’d be mad not to.

25 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Yeah I doubt it either. 

I think he's doing the BST date to cash in for the Glastonbury date loss he'd have to take.

Right now I'm with Billie, Elton then either Macca or Monkeys depending how it goes.

2 minutes ago, Earth_pig said:

Eltons rons last tour date listed is in Spain in May *2023* and also some Helsinki dates left to announce so realistically could announce dates in 2023 if not glasto next year. 

I just hope that at the end of this tour he’s got enough money saved up, would hate to see him struggling for cash in his latter years. 

3 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Not sure he could sell two nights at Hyde Park anyway after shifting 200k tickets for London this November.

Agreed. Have any acts that have sold out BST add a second date later on? Or, like Pearl Jam, do they just announce two in the first place? Lots of acts sell out BST without adding a second date and I expect Reg will be in that bracket, if and when he shifts all the tickets

Just catching up with the Relton BST news. Given it’s on the Friday, I’m taking it as a positive. It shows he’s not above taking high profile slots at major festivals/events. At the same time, he’s on the road and heading in the right geographical direction on the dates in question.

I’m with @Hugh Jass - I reckon this is happening, which means we could be looking at Macca OR Taylor. I think both are possible but I don’t think Taylor would do Glastonbury without also doing other dates, and she’d announce them early. 

God, a Billie / Relton / Taylor line up could only be bettered by Billie subbing for Kendrick. 

48 minutes ago, Kim Wrong-Un said:

The lesson from Billie at the O2 is surely that we ignore Suprefan's info, however the hell he gets it, at our peril.

Sorry, dont kill the messenger. Somebody has to temper expectations. Would you rather have all the hype in the world thinking Elton is a lawk for months and then crushed when a second date is added out of nowhere? So then you get upset at the Eavii for somehow not sealing the deal at such an obvious thing?

Edited by Suprefan

10 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Sorry, dont kill the messenger. Somebody has to temper expectations. Would you rather have all the hype in the world thinking Elton is a lawk for months and then crushed when a second date is added out of nowhere? So then you get upset at the Eavii for somehow not sealing the deal at such an obvious thing?

I'm with you. Your info on Billie was spot on when many doubted it. 

My take is that if Elton is playing BST on Friday and has a hold for BST on Saturday, then he isn't playing Glasto Saturday and he isn't playing Glasto Sunday, given he is only playing consecutive nights when staying at the same venue.

I thought he was nailed on for Glasto based on dates and locations but assuming your info comes from a similar source I think he's out the running.

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

I am still sticking with my prediction of Billie, Macca, Taylor because it would be a dream trio. I am open to Reginald Relton Rohn as an alternative.

But what if it’s not Elton, Macca or Taylor… that would be a twist.

It'd be a cold (play) twist

2 hours ago, Suprefan said:

That’s how it usually works around here.

2 hours ago, Kim Wrong-Un said:

I'm with you. Your info on Billie was spot on when many doubted it. 

My take is that if Elton is playing BST on Friday and has a hold for BST on Saturday, then he isn't playing Glasto Saturday and he isn't playing Glasto Sunday, given he is only playing consecutive nights when staying at the same venue.

I thought he was nailed on for Glasto based on dates and locations but assuming your info comes from a similar source I think he's out the running.

100% this.  

Others who make sly little comments knowing that his info previously was spot on are let’s say…. Stupid.