2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

Just now, PolygonWindow said:

Think they are our Sunday headliners tbh, it makes sense now Billie is in

I do think before the pandemic they were set up for 2021. Looking at some comments from Helders they intended to record their album in 2020 but coronavirus related travel pushed it back.

They we’re always very likely to be there I was just waiting for that little bit of info that they were in fact around and it wasn’t just a cyclical rumour. There also seems to be a band missing from various EU festivals. Wouldn’t surprise me if it’s them.

Just now, Matt42 said:

I do think before the pandemic they were set up for 2021. Looking at some comments from Helders they intended to record their album in 2020 but coronavirus related travel pushed it back.

They we’re always very likely to be there I was just waiting for that little bit of info that they were in fact around and it wasn’t just a cyclical rumour. There also seems to be a band missing from various EU festivals. Wouldn’t surprise me if it’s them.

I reckon they’ll start @ Glasto, your worldwide and then finish on them Sheff dates, think they done that last time they headlined - might be wrong but I’m pretty sure AM come out about a few weeks before they headlined ? 

Just now, PolygonWindow said:

I reckon they’ll start @ Glasto, your worldwide and then finish on them Sheff dates, think they done that last time they headlined - might be wrong but I’m pretty sure AM come out about a few weeks before they headlined ? 

AM wasn’t released yet it came out in September but there were a few singles out already (do I wanna know, ru mine etc).

4 minutes ago, PolygonWindow said:

I had been thinking that they'd skip festivals next year and wait until 2023 and start with the Sheffield dates, a bit like they did for Suck It and See, but this seems a very good shout. I think for AM they started with European festivals in 2013, the album came out in September, arena tour later that year then back round for more festivals (TITP, R&L) in 2014. Something similar could work here, with the Sheffield dates as a sort of victory lap to round things off.

I don't think it's quite as well rounded as the original 2020 trio but Billie Eilish, Paul McCartney and Arctic Monkeys would be a pretty balanced trio and there's something there for most people. 

6 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

Could AM able the Saturday headliners, with Reg as the Sunday?

I was just coming back to say they’d probably be a decent replacement for Macca.

Billie, AM, Taylor would go down well. They aren’t far off a heritage band for the festival now. First headlined nearly 15 years ago!

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Billie, Reg and AM would be a fair and balanced trio. At least one thing for almost everyone.

I appreciate how much you are holding on to reg but when more established acts with the festival start to pop up I think we are getting the annual reg blue balls. If AM are around with a new album they are a massive player now. If Taylor is potentially around too I think old reg just doesn’t want muddy shoes.

Edited by Matt42

8 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I appreciate how much you are holding on to reg but when more established acts with the festival start to pop up I think we are getting the annual reg blue balls. If AM are around with a new album they are a massive player now. If Taylor is potentially around too I think old reg just doesn’t want muddy shoes.

I think you might be right!

57 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Replace Reg with Taylor and I can say exactly the same to you.

We cling on to what we are desperate to see.

Is there any conceivable chance that with Thom Yorke and Ed pencilled in, that Radiohead could come together for the , post-Covid, belated 50th anniversary and play?

Call the lads in together, spend a couple of weeks rehearsing and let rip?

Even if it is inconceivable,  could at least one person humour me with the possibility?

18 minutes ago, BlackZeppelin said:

Is there any conceivable chance that with Thom Yorke and Ed pencilled in, that Radiohead could come together for the , post-Covid, belated 50th anniversary and play?

Even if it is inconceivable,  could at least one person humour me with the possibility?

You've certainly come to the right place, but even I think that's a stretch. 

33 minutes ago, BlackZeppelin said:

Radiohead to tour in 2023 apparently