2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

Just now, Quark said:

Similar timeframe, was obviously on the circuit then.

I'm guessing he played yours early on, he'd clearly learned what the crowd were after by that point.

See also: Ultra Naté

I went to Manchester Uni in the early 00's. Every Tuesday night in the Academy they had an 80's night called Club Tropicana which was basically a massive school disco. Every now and then it'd get surprisingly lairy in there.

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I went to Manchester Uni in the early 00's. Every Tuesday night in the Academy they had an 80's night called Club Tropicana which was basically a massive school disco. Every now and then it'd get surprisingly lairy in there.

Ha! Ours was Monday nights in Cinderella's nightclub in Guildford. Sweat condensing on the walls, sticky carpets, and pissed twats like me trying to do commando rolls across the dancefloor to the A-Team theme

59 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

I often go back to their set and watch that moment specifically. Wasn't even at Reading that year but the recording is exhilarating. They were playing out of their skin that night.

Mad that The Suburbs had only come out 3 weeks prior as well. Timed to perfection.

And the best version of Wake Up soon after. They really were great.

I remember half my mates went to see Pendulum; regret expressed years later.

10 minutes ago, Quark said:

Ha! Ours was Monday nights in Cinderella's nightclub in Guildford. Sweat condensing on the walls, sticky carpets, and pissed twats like me trying to do commando rolls across the dancefloor to the A-Team theme

Destiny and Elite, Derby, early-mid 2000’s.

Sweaty students taking their tops off to “dance” to the Baywatch theme. 

Good times. 

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

"Now according to the respected eFestivals forum and rumours list"

Does this mean we're all respected as part of said forum? I ask as I've never been respected before and I don't know what it normally feels like or entails.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

This isn't how you still react when Arcade Fire play Wake Up?

It's how I still react when the A-Team comes on the telly.

Also when it comes on my workout playlist*. Probably why I keep getting asked to leave the gym.

*Yes this is 100% true. My gym playlist rules.

7 minutes ago, Quark said:

Does this mean we're all respected as part of said forum? I ask as I've never been respected before and I don't know what it normally feels like or entails.

NME respect is the only type that matters.

2 hours ago, Quark said:

Thought you meant Ed Sheeran A-Team first seven times I read this.

11 minutes ago, Quark said:

I’m afraid you need a rep higher than (checks notes) 3,950 to qualify for respect.

3 minutes ago, BFisherr said:

If Billie does headline, any chance we might see a FINNEAS set, secret or otherwise on the Friday? Pretty big artist in his own right.

Pretty big meaning he is also an arena filling artist in his own right? He has multiple hits and a top selling album big? And I really doubt it. Like I said, this is just gonna be a normal show for them and thats it. They also gotta get back to London for the next night. No time to go walk around.

Edited by Suprefan

3 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

I was there most Tuesdays too.