2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

Not into Eilish but great shout as Kendrick replacement.

Macca looks good for Saturday assuming the Werchter info is good (as it usually is).

Reggy or Swifty for Sunday then.

Still think TS favourite, it’s hers if she wants it* I also don’t see any issue with Emily booking two female headliners. In fact I think they’d love the opportunity to do that. Never been a better time.

But if Swifty isn’t available and Reginald is I also think they’ll jump at that, two oldies or not.

* Not sure which I’d prefer. Bigger fan of Swifty but I’d go and see her next time she tours whereas Dwighty is absolutely plum ‘act I’d be down the front for at Glastonbury but wouldn’t pay £100 to see in an Arena.’

10 minutes ago, PolygonWindow said:

Does Taylor have dates ?

is the general consensus no dates no glasto for her ? 

still struggling to see her or Elton AND Macca there, think there is someone else in the pipeline.

Nope zilch. I think we should start getting worried if she doesn’t announce anything by the end of this year. She usually drops dates far in advance. I am not sure about her doing glasto as a one off, but she’s usually pretty open about when she’s touring. 

Just now, Leyrulion said:

Have we ruled out Dua in place of Taylor? 

Appreciate it's not like for like. 

Billie or qotsa wouldn't do it for me but I'd love an opportunity to get to SE corner early, so not a downside for me.

They went for someone else instead of bumping up Dua to the Friday. Kinda makes me think they aren’t in a rush to have Dua headline if they can have her headline the other stage.

If she is perfectly happy to headline the other then they won’t bump her up.

2 hours ago, Big durbs said:

Us too , still pissed off they pulled out of reading , sold my tickets now as they were the only reason I bought Sunday tickets 

Yeah they're the main reason we bought Leeds tickets ha.

Still going tho cos LG is on.. can't wait tbh just to be back in a field 💕

24 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

They went for someone else instead of bumping up Dua to the Friday. Kinda makes me think they aren’t in a rush to have Dua headline if they can have her headline the other stage.

If she is perfectly happy to headline the other then they won’t bump her up.

Always said Dua will headline on album #3.

26 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Always said Dua will headline on album #3.

I think Billie being a bigger touring force and headlining a few things way before Glastonbury has given her the edge. They are both massive but I think Billie has been the stronger touring artist so far. Dua can’t sell tour dates like Billie can… (in fact I’d say only Taylor and Adele can sell dates like her… maybe Ariana too).

58 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I think Billie being a bigger touring force and headlining a few things way before Glastonbury has given her the edge. They are both massive but I think Billie has been the stronger touring artist so far. Dua can’t sell tour dates like Billie can… (in fact I’d say only Taylor and Adele can sell dates like her… maybe Ariana too).

Beyonce and BTS since theyre stadium acts.

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Fair - is it a leftfield opinion to say even beyonces sales have got a bit wobbly lately?

Define wobbly. You still cant quantify Billie ticket sales on a stadium level to see how it holds up anyway. If she decided to play Wembley and sold it out  clean in an hour then you got an argument but we’re not there yet. I think she will do a victory lap in north america next fall and itll be stadiums so we’ll judge then.

13 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Dare I ask is Billie actually any good live?! Love her albums played loud in the car and when out walking on decent headphones but the videos I have seen are a bit meh. Her visuals and lights are good but she seems a bit bored? Or have I just seen the wrong videos?

She wasn't very good at her last appearance on the farm, imo. Seemed to be the general consensus at the time.

I agree that Sunday is Swifty's if she wants it and I really hope she does. Right now I think we're going to get:

Sulky Lolita
Relton Rohn
Tay Tay

33 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Dare I ask is Billie actually any good live?! Love her albums played loud in the car and when out walking on decent headphones but the videos I have seen are a bit meh. Her visuals and lights are good but she seems a bit bored? Or have I just seen the wrong videos?

Depends what youre watching. The glasto set didnt go that well at all. I mean the Reading set went off better and you can obviously tell because the crowd was reacting as if she was headlining that day. Sound mix is a big factor too because if you can actually discern her voice from the double vocals then you can tell she is signing and not hiding behind extra effects. The thing is you can really see how somebody is if youre watching them in broad daylight and if they can pull that off then when its night time and you can have a proper show with everything behind it then it can be better. Like I said, if she does play I would not expect anything out of the ordinary for Glasto. Its just another tour stop and itll be the same setlist as the rest of the dates. Its obviously a high standard for headliners when it comes to the fest and you hope the performer understands that, but I wouldnt in this situation. Is everyone going to get excited if she brought out Justin Bieber? Cause thats like the extent of special you would get.

I'm just not convinced with elton until there is something else put out there to indicate that he's interested in the festival. He's been silent on it and eavis has been silent on booking him. It’s not like other artists where the BBC / NME / etc jump on a bandwagon by rolling out articles of him turning up. It’s like the press haven’t really been briefed that he is a possibility.

I hope I don't upset reg fans, but I do just have this gut feeling that he's not interested in the place. I love reg but he's a very opinionated man. It wouldn't surprise me if he has some feeling about the place and vowed never to play. Mainly due to the fact he seems to always tour around the festival and never show up. Eavis never mentions him either, which may indicate they’ve tried before and received a pretty solid no. (All hypothetical and just a talking point).