2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

By the same logic how do we know that the three are still on the same days as last time?

We don’t, but this isn’t the first thing we’ve heard to indicate Kendrick isn’t around. Someone being booked on the day he was meant to be playing only fuels that fire.

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

We don’t, but this isn’t the first thing we’ve heard to indicate Kendrick isn’t around. Someone being booked on the day he was meant to be playing only fuels that fire.

Yep.

We knew that the current  word on Kendrick was he wasn’t planning to tour 2022, and Billie seemingly popping up on his original day doesn’t look especially good, although obviously not quite the final nail the coffin yet. It’s another piece of the jigsaw against Kendrick headlining I think it’s fair to say.

Just speculation, but back in 2020 it seemed as though Glastonbury perhaps held off in hope Kendrick would pop up, which he obviously did. Perhaps this time around they’ve not been as patient and wanted to get things tied down earlier?

Edited by jparx

Just now, jparx said:

Yep.

We knew that the current  word on Kendrick was he wasn’t planning to tour 2022, and Billie seemingly popping up on his original day doesn’t look especially good, although obviously not quite the final nail the coffin yet. It’s another piece of the jigsaw against Kendrick headlining I think it’s fair to say.

Also if Glastonbury booked her after those O2 shows were sorted that’s hella lucky managing to rope in someone that big who is available. I think she’s probably been in the mix for a long time. She’s one of the biggest artists in the world, and Glasto seems to be quite new to her. I don’t think you can just call one day and get her onboard

6 minutes ago, scaryclaireyfairy said:

I think that if Glasto had the chance of both Relton and Macca or Billie and Taylor they'd snap it up regardless of how it makes the top line look. They are all massive acts with wide appeal.

Until we have our next curveball I think Billie, Macca, Taylor are our headliners.

A Glastonbury first booking two female artists in one year, and the fact that I can’t really see why Taylor wouldn’t come back. She’s more enthusiastic about her slot than Kendrick was, and Macca being in Belgium the week before means it has to be a done deal.

A lot of focus in on the headliners, but I think once the poster drops it will look fine in context. Let’s not forget that Billie, Macca, Taylor, Diana would potentially be sat on top of

Aerosmith, Queens of the Stone Age, Noel Gallagher, Lorde, Pet Shop Boys, Dua Lipa

Aint no other festival booking diverse lineups like that.

Yeah, today's events have me leaning towards a completely new trio. I'm still hanging out to Macca but I'm close to writing Kendrick off and I'm thinking Taylor for 2023.

Still plenty of twists and turns but the idea of rolling over all three that we had yesterday seems miles away now.

1 minute ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Yeah, today's events have me leaning towards a completely new trio. I'm still hanging out to Macca but I'm close to writing Kendrick off and I'm thinking Taylor for 2023.

Still plenty of twists and turns but the idea of rolling over all three that we had yesterday seems miles away now.

I think Macca is back. Ken was very sure of the Belgium info, and he’s only playing Werchter if he’s also playing Glastonbury.

Hanging ON! I am "hanging on to Macca".

4 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

54 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

how is that she definately knows about this thread ? ..... it could be something planned that unrelated to this here ? or even related to Worthy Pastures .... its a bit of a leap to say she's reading this and that is a response to it ... unless ive missed a post about meteors ? and Stella ..... McCartney ? 

Think she means Stella Donnelly is playing and going to tell a joke about Glastonbury cider.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, waltere said:

Is it too early to post the Michael Eavis "it's happening" gif?

I tried some modern technology. I don't like it. I don't like it one bit.

I miss the random tractor for one thing.

reface-2021-08-10-04-25-45.gif.0369824db6a291b63b988e194710c385.gif

Edited by Gnomicide