2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

7 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

The interesting thing about QOTSA is that they're somewhat of a departure from what has become the norm for the Other over the last few festivals. Probably because its the only place they really fit, but might also be a change in approach over there...

Although it wasn’t the approach they took in 2020, it could be that they’ve got three less than traditional non-‘rock’ headliners so decided they needed to have a sizeable alternative or two on the Other to make up for it.

But yeah, as you say, Other is the obvious place for QOTSA if you have em booked. I mean, they could’ve always done Pyramid sub, but nobody wants to see them dying on their arses to a bunch of Billie fans. 

12 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

The interesting thing about QOTSA is that they're somewhat of a departure from what has become the norm for the Other over the last few festivals. Probably because its the only place they really fit, but might also be a change in approach over there...

I have a feeling they are an act they had pencilled in / lightly agreed for a while and this is slotting them in where they can. I wonder if they were originally thought as a sub but there’s no room.

Why do people think No Taylor as Billie is playing? Not sure I get that. Very different artists 

and maybe they will spoil us as it has been away for 2 years. did say for 2020 they would have headline size acts elsewhere and different times

Elton on Saturday afternoon so he can see the crowd and warm up for Macca

6 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

The guy had the inside track that the Roses were gonna play from famous radio personality Bob Harrison.

Ah yes. Heady Days.

Also a fan of when we collectively talking ourselves into believing Adele might headline before Radiohead. Because something something daylight, doesn't like big crowds something.

2 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

Why do people think No Taylor as Billie is playing? Not sure I get that. Very different artists 

To people who listen to their stuff they're different, but to large swathes of the general public they're both just female pop stars. If they went Billie/Reg/Taylor, there'd be no traditional "guitar band" headlining the Pyramid, which has never happened.

I've been in pandemic hibernation and just popped back into what seems like either the very right or very wrong moment.

Could somebody please summarise what the current situation is?

Seems like we're getting Billie and QOTS, on what info? What's happening with Taylor, Kendrick and Macca... What other rumours/almost certainties do we have?

Oh and what time is Fatboy Slim on?

2 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Ah yes. Heady Days.

Also a fan of when we collectively talking ourselves into believing Adele might headline before Radiohead. Because something something daylight, doesn't like big crowds something.

Nobody fully explained why putting Adele on during daylight, when she'd be able to clearly see the gargantuan crowd in front of her, was a good idea.

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

To people who listen to their stuff they're different, but to large swathes of the general public they're both just female pop stars. If they went Billie/Reg/Taylor, there'd be no traditional "guitar band" headlining the Pyramid, which has never happened.

Aye Sadly I think you are correct. thought it might be the oh no 2 females thing. Hope Glastonbury rise above it.

work with a chap that never goes and thinks it's no good unless they have a rock band at least on 2 nights, otherwise what's the point (He only really like rock music)

Edited by fred quimby

14 minutes ago, K2SO said:

I've been in pandemic hibernation and just popped back into what seems like either the very right or very wrong moment.

Could somebody please summarise what the current situation is?

Seems like we're getting Billie and QOTS, on what info? What's happening with Taylor, Kendrick and Macca... What other rumours/almost certainties do we have?

Oh and what time is Fatboy Slim on?

Billie headlining the Pyramid on the Friday, QOTSA headlining Other same night.

Reg possibly replacing Macca.

Taylor/Kendrick - who knows?

Fatboy Slim doing hourly sets on the monorail.

I don’t think the general public would view Taylor Swift as a female pop headliner anymore. I think she’s moved beyond that tag. The argument stands more with Dua and Billie, but I think Taylor and Billie (also Gaga) would totally be on the cards. Taylor is just Taylor - she’s her own thing now. Billie/Elton or Macca/Taylor absolutely works, and what an amazing opportunity to have 3/4 women at the top of your bill while still maintaining a diverse mix of genres.

18 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Errr.. 2020?