2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

If that’s true then is their weight to the theory that they’ve just gone with who they probably had in mind for 2021? And this is all three of their headliner choices on rolled over dates, rather than 2020’s?

Emily did say they had three in mind for 2021. Billie Eilish, Elton John, Arctic Monkeys would fit her clues.

1 minute ago, sisco said:

Billie, Wolf Alice

Macca, HAIM, Aerosmith

Taylor Swift, Fatboy Slim

With QOTSA, Dua Lipa and Pet Shop Boys headlining the other stage 

Now those are three pyramid level worthy other headliners. In typical glasto fashion we get what is rumoured a few years later.

Just now, Matt42 said:

Now those are three pyramid level worthy other headliners. In typical glasto fashion we get what is rumoured a few years later.

Think it’s fairly realistic myself.  With Macca doing RW Boutique I’m sure he’ll be there.  My only doubts are of course Taylor if she’s touring and Dua if she’s holding out for the big pointy one

5 minutes ago, sisco said:

Think it’s fairly realistic myself.  With Macca doing RW Boutique I’m sure he’ll be there.  My only doubts are of course Taylor if she’s touring and Dua if she’s holding out for the big pointy one

Ah yeah. If Macca is at RW Boutique then he has to be back in. So maybe not a complete fresh set of headliners.

I am still crossing everything for Billie, Macca, Taylor. I’m hoping QOTSA being booked along with Aerosmith is a conscious effort to inject in some rock when they have three quite poppy headliners.

Edited by Matt42

19 minutes ago, PolygonWindow said:

Do we kno this ? Nothin stopping him from doing the Sat/Sun right ?

18 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Nothing but this makes the info on the euro side of efests that he’s not touring till 2023 look a little stronger.

Sorry @PolygonWindowshould have been clearer. 

Not 100% ruled but this is another piece of info which makes it more likely. 

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Ah yeah. If Macca is at RW Boutique then he has to be back in. So maybe not a complete fresh set of headliners.

I am still crossing everything for Billie, Macca, Taylor.

I’m hopeful for Relton and Swifty but her star has somewhat faded if Billie is headlining, don’t you think? Especially if Relton’s in the mix as well. Would be very poppy. 

Macca is still rumoured for Werchter though, so surely he’s still in the picture? He’s only doing that show if he’s still doing Glastonbury, surely?

I am ALL here for Billie, Macca and Taylor until we’re certain they’re both out. Two female headliners for the first time - make it so Emily.

5 minutes ago, kalifire said:

I’m hopeful for Relton and Swifty but her star has somewhat faded if Billie is headlining, don’t you think? Especially if Relton’s in the mix as well. Would be very poppy. 

I think Aerosmith and QOTSA also being on the bill surely offsets some of that though. Can’t argue that they aren’t bringing the rawk

1 minute ago, jparx said:

Macca is still rumoured for Werchter though, so surely he’s still in the picture? He’s only doing that show if he’s still doing Glastonbury, surely?

I am ALL here for Billie, Macca and Taylor until we’re certain they’re both out. Two female headliners for the first time - make it so Emily.

Same - I think it would be a great feat to book two of arguably the biggest female artists in the world in the same year. Hat trick if Dua is back too!

Just now, kalifire said:

Is Taylor scheduled anywhere else before next June? 

She’s not. I can see it happening that she sits out 2022 to finish the re-recordings, but we will see.

One thing (and looping in @jparx on this). Taylor is the typical artist to announce her dates pretty early. She announced her June 2020 tour in September and she usually announces dates around an album release.

I hope she will drop some tour dates in November when the Red re-release drops to put her back in the mix. But I do agree, the silence on the touring front for Taylor is getting a bit worrying. Especially as she’s the type of person to announce her dates a year in advance.