2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

On 8/2/2021 at 11:04 AM, Matt42 said:

Because this thread has died a death is Kendrick isn’t back what do you think the trio will look like? Suddenly Billie being busy on the Saturday (the day we expect McCartney to play) doesn’t seem like such an issue anymore. I don’t think @Suprefan is right about Billie having a Sunday date at the O2. No idea why they wouldn’t announce it when the Saturday date sold out. Seems a bit weird to announce another show months later when all the others have sold out. 

If the Friday is available she would probably be my first pick, but I wonder who else could step in for Kendrick. If R&L haven’t got Dave I can see it being him… or… Dua.

Lol.

It's sad that I saw Billie announce the new date and this was the first thing I thought of 😁

1 minute ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

She is doing 3 nights in a row on the 10th, 11th and 12th. It's possible she could do the Friday night at Glastonbury

Just had a look at her dates, she’s in Paris on the Wednesday then free Thursday and Friday then two nights in London. She does have a few spells where she does three in a row, but she also has a few consecutive nights off too.

1 hour ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

Was it yourself that insisted this was a thing? I’d just seen it announced and came knowing that somebody would have tagged Matt. 

Kudos!

Not totally. I said it was possible given the dates but also brought up the 26th date getting added. Then it just took til now for the announcement. It now puts the likelihood of her being there much lower given that it must be friday and requires 3 nights in a row.

Edited by Suprefan

13 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Not totally. I said it was possible given the dates but also brought up the 26th date getting added. Then it just took til now for the announcement. It now puts the likelihood of her being there much lower given that it must be friday and requires 3 nights in a row.

She’s doing a few three nighters and hasn’t got two consecutive nights off anywhere on the tour.

Cant decide if this makes her more or less likely.

6 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

She’s doing a few three nighters and hasn’t got two consecutive nights off anywhere on the tour.

Cant decide if this makes her more or less likely.

Lets put it like this. She can play, and the helpful thing is that its the first of 3 performances in a row. The downside is that you cant expect a varied show from whatever her tour is going to comprise of production wise or song wise. Itll be a run by the numbers type of deal and youll have to determine if a standard show passes the glasto test or not. If she was going to go out of her way to make it special there isnt just a day off before the date and such and cramming it into a tour. 

Edited by Suprefan

10 months away and I’m stressing about clashes already. Fair play if they have managed that. Billie Eilish is a massive headliner and I had QOTSA down as a too small to headline but very big sub, so getting them as an Other headliner is a pretty big deal. They’re certainly a fair bit bigger now than they were when they last played there.