2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

8 hours ago, Matt42 said:

If Kendrick is headlining Coachella that will make sense why there is a silence on his dates. He will be announced for there first before anything else.

He may not be allowed to sign any contracts until that coachella date is announced. 

Yeah I remember reading Coachella are reallt  strict on their bookings and there's a lot of exclusivity/secrecy around if you've been booked so he probably can't announce anything yet 

8 hours ago, Matt42 said:

If Kendrick is headlining Coachella that will make sense why there is a silence on his dates. He will be announced for there first before anything else.

He may not be allowed to sign any contracts until that coachella date is announced. 

Its not even about signing contracts. Its just announcements anywhere else. If he is signed for Coachella then they get priority when it comes to announcing. Just the festival version of first rights. The other promoters just have to be fine with that which isnt the end of the world cause the line up is released at the beginning of January. But thats the thing, I dont know if they want Kendrick on there because thats 2 rappers and a rap/rock band on the poster. It doesnt really give any variance on there for headliners. Im still leaning to a female pop act to be it for Sunday. If Travis Scott wasnt returning that easily puts Kendrick into that slot. Im sure the 3rd name will leak by the end of the fall because if it doesnt by early December itll be a mystery til the poster is out.

On 7/12/2021 at 2:49 PM, thewayiam said:

Coachella did not sell out on 10 mins. I went on just for fun to see availability and it was easy over 30/40 mins in. And also Kendrick playing or not playing has no bearing on Glastonbury.

Sure it does. Cause he was supposed to debut new material and release an album when he played Glastonbury. Thats all fallen by the wayside for the moment. Its not really the typical thing for Glasto headliners to be releasing a new album a week or day before they play nowadays. So removing the curiosity factor from the performance is huge. If you have a sub par release then how big of a crowd would he get on the Pyramid compared to being shrouded in mystery?

39 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Its not even about signing contracts. Its just announcements anywhere else. If he is signed for Coachella then they get priority when it comes to announcing. Just the festival version of first rights. The other promoters just have to be fine with that which isnt the end of the world cause the line up is released at the beginning of January. But thats the thing, I dont know if they want Kendrick on there because thats 2 rappers and a rap/rock band on the poster. It doesnt really give any variance on there for headliners. Im still leaning to a female pop act to be it for Sunday. If Travis Scott wasnt returning that easily puts Kendrick into that slot. Im sure the 3rd name will leak by the end of the fall because if it doesnt by early December itll be a mystery til the poster is out.

Sure it does. Cause he was supposed to debut new material and release an album when he played Glastonbury. Thats all fallen by the wayside for the moment. Its not really the typical thing for Glasto headliners to be releasing a new album a week or day before they play nowadays. So removing the curiosity factor from the performance is huge. If you have a sub par release then how big of a crowd would he get on the Pyramid compared to being shrouded in mystery?

I don’t think it really matters. They booked the Weeknd and Eminem in the same year as Beyoncé. I reckon Kendrick playing the same year as Travis Scott isn’t much different to Frank Ocean playing the same year as Travis.

Plus the Coachella attendees expect (and pay for) hip hop to be prominent on the lineup. I don’t think it would be anything more than an academic point. The attendees would probably welcome it.

• 2 weeks later...

Just want to register somewhere on this forum that I gave BTS the old college try on my holiday to try and overcome my automatic scepticism of them, and can report they are good, and Permission to Dance is the song of the summer. Not sure if they’d be on Glastonbury’s potential headliner list necessarily but oh boy, no taps would be in sight if they dropped that banger on el pointo.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

If Swifty is indeed out then Dua would be the obvious bump up.

Billlie Eilish and Reg the other two most likely I'd say.

You think Reg is more likely than Macca? I know here’s touring around the festival but I still think Macca’s in the frame.

That Taylor rumour seems rather lame - ‘I know someone who works at a venue’. 

7 minutes ago, henry bear said:

You think Reg is more likely than Macca? I know here’s touring around the festival but I still think Macca’s in the frame.

I think he’s saying Dua, Billie and Reg are contenders to replace Taylor, with Macca and Kendrick still likely as the other two headliners.

But yeah, the Taylor thing is very tenuous. It might be correct, but there’s also a tenuous rumour that she is indeed playing shows next summer so we’ll just have to wait and see.

Edited by jparx

33 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Yeah I should have been clearer, I meant likely two to replace Taylor.

That rumour is probably nothing, but there hasn't been much going on over on this thread recently.