2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Can’t see why Adele would ever come back (at least for the next decade or so).

She lived her dream, she absolutely smashed it, there’s nothing left for her to do.

Yeah, absolutely.

It's not necessarily a "one time only" thing, but it's certainly not happening again until she's released at least a couple more albums.

Can’t see that happening. Adele is a bizarre one though. Lots of rumours always circulating around about her yet nothing happens. I think it’s been widely reported she has a 2022 / 2023 tour in the pipeline but I’m starting to get sceptical about 2022 as time is running out to announce a huge stadium tour (which I imagine she’d do).

Just now, Matt42 said:

Can’t see that happening. Adele is a bizarre one though. Lots of rumours always circulating around about her yet nothing happens. I think it’s been widely reported she has a 2022 / 2023 tour in the pipeline but I’m starting to get sceptical about 2022 as time is running out to announce a huge stadium tour (which I imagine she’d do).

She’s in no rush - the world isn’t about to forget about her. Think she’ll just wait it out until she’s certain it can all go ahead without a hitch, so far more likely next year than this (although an album coming out for Christmas is probably likely I’d have thought).

17 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Can’t see why Adele would ever come back (at least for the next decade or so).

She lived her dream, she absolutely smashed it, there’s nothing left for her to do.

The only way I can see that is if she doesn’t “tour” anymore but instead play one or two big shows in countries like the UK, USA, Europe etc to promote an album rather than 10 nights at Wembley. 

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

She’s in no rush - the world isn’t about to forget about her. Think she’ll just wait it out until she’s certain it can all go ahead without a hitch, so far more likely next year than this (although an album coming out for Christmas is probably likely I’d have thought).

I think she definitely had something planned for the end of 2020 as she had that random SNL appearance that didn’t amount to anything. It was probably booked way in advance as I imagine SNL isn’t something you secure at short notice. I think you’re right. She’s sitting on an album and being patient for the right time to tour it.

Edited by Matt42

I do think though September / October / November time we are going to get a huge tour announcement boom. We’ve been very lucky with what we’ve been given so far due to the circumstances, but I think soon we’re going to have a pretty sure bet of who is around in 2022.

5 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Something that may scupper Adele’s plans for 22 is venue availability. There’s already a two year backlog of acts waiting to play gigs and just booking a 5 night run at the O2 or a couple of nights at Wembley might not be as easy as it sounds.

I had in my mind she’d be on the scene in 2023 personally. 2022 feels a bit early unless she has had these dates secured for a while.

6 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I had in my mind she’d be on the scene in 2023 personally. 2022 feels a bit early unless she has had these dates secured for a while.

Depends when this album of hers is out. Say it comes out first half of 22, I could easily see her doing a handful of small but high profile gigs around the time it’s out, somewhere like the Royal Albert Hall for instance, then arenas back end of 22 and a Wembley gig summer 23.

55 minutes ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

I’m still waiting for Arctic Monkeys to play those shows in Hillsborough Park. Going to be weird come November when everyone starts firing out tour dates.

On 6/29/2021 at 2:53 PM, JBarbour said:

Arctic Monkeys are most likely pencilled in for a 2023 tour. SJM has once again put in a application to host a number of gigs at Hillsborough Park - 2nd / 3rd June 2023.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Kendrick just got a bump in his chances for Glasto it seems. Coachella is only have Rage and Travis Scott return to the line up. I dont think theyll want 2 rappers along with a rap/rock band for their 3.

https://m.hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=327233&title=NEAR-TRUTHS:-ACK-TION-AND-REDACTION

19B139EA-B11D-444A-B00C-272771F7B222.jpeg

Coachella did not sell out on 10 mins. I went on just for fun to see availability and it was easy over 30/40 mins in. And also Kendrick playing or not playing has no bearing on Glastonbury.

If Kendrick is headlining Coachella that will make sense why there is a silence on his dates. He will be announced for there first before anything else.

He may not be allowed to sign any contracts until that coachella date is announced. 

Edited by Matt42