2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

Kendrick Lamar likely isn't scheduled for anything yet because that's how it usually goes for him.

He supposedly didn't schedule his 2020 summer shows until quite late, then in 2021 he decided to come back to Europe after some festivals had already moved ahead with their headliners without him.

Glastonbury can wait it out for him, I'm sure.

So, avoiding having to read through the many posts/being lazy, is the general consensus that all 3 2020 headliners are likely to be at 2022? 

I've seen Elton mentioned because he's touring and has Glasto weekend free, but are there any strong rumours that one of the original 3 for 2020 won't appear?

15 minutes ago, Matt87 said:

So, avoiding having to read through the many posts/being lazy, is the general consensus that all 3 2020 headliners are likely to be at 2022? 

I've seen Elton mentioned because he's touring and has Glasto weekend free, but are there any strong rumours that one of the original 3 for 2020 won't appear?

The only thing we’ve really heard on the rumour front against the original trio is that Kendrick currently doesn’t have tour plans for next summer. 

For Macca, he’s rumoured to be at TW Classic in Belgium right around Glastonbury, so we assume he’s in.

For Taylor, we’ve got this possibly tenuous/possibly accurate rumour about Taylor doing stadium shows over here in the summer. Michael also name dropped both Taylor and Macca in reference to 2022, but that could be Michael being Michael.

Elton, Dua and Billie all in the picture tour dates wise as well. Seems likely we’re looking at three of those six as headliners. Right now I’m thinking Reg/Macca/Taylor, but Kendrick could easily be there once he decides on his touring plans.

1 minute ago, jparx said:

The only thing we’ve really heard on the rumour front against the original trio is that Kendrick currently doesn’t have tour plans for next summer. 

For Macca, he’s rumoured to be at TW Classic in Belgium right around Glastonbury, so we assume he’s in.

For Taylor, we’ve got this possibly tenuous/possibly accurate rumour about Taylor doing stadium shows over here in the summer. Michael also name dropped both Taylor and Macca in reference to 2022, but that could be Michael being Michael.

Elton, Dua and Billie all in the picture tour dates wise as well. Seems likely we’re looking at three of those six as headliners. Right now I’m thinking Reg/Macca/Taylor, but Kendrick could easily be there once he decides on his touring plans.

Appreciate the response 🙂 

On 6/24/2021 at 9:50 AM, Matt42 said:

I was going to put Arctic Monkeys but to me, they just don't seem to be doing anything? Maybe the pandemic substantially pushed back their plans - but I could see that trio going down extremely well.

Arctic Monkeys are most likely pencilled in for a 2023 tour. SJM has once again put in a application to host a number of gigs at Hillsborough Park - 2nd / 3rd June 2023.

Edited by JBarbour

On 6/28/2021 at 3:00 PM, Hugh Jass said:

Not that this would be a major factor in booking decisions but you couldn't get a more diverse selection than Kendrick, Elton and Taylor.

A young black male rapper, a young female pop megastar and an older, openly gay, living legend.

sorry im a Newbie on here...

which one is which??

2 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Ed Sheeran's doing two albums over the next 18 months, so almost certain he'll be at 2023 as well.

I don’t see him as the kind of act who’s gonna return to headline after every album/every other album. Maybe he’ll do it again somewhere down the road, but I don’t think it’ll be for a while, especially if his new single is an indication of the direction he’s gonna be going in.

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I don’t see him as the kind of act who’s gonna return to headline after every album/every other album. Maybe he’ll do it again somewhere down the road, but I don’t think it’ll be for a while, especially if his new single is an indication of the direction he’s gonna be going in.

The album's more of his usual stuff, according to him. I imagine it's set up to see him doing headliners next year with the first album and then festivals in '23 off the second, so it's just up to where he fits in. I'd say he's as likely as AM are, really.

2 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

The album's more of his usual stuff, according to him. I imagine it's set up to see him doing headliners next year with the first album and then festivals in '23 off the second, so it's just up to where he fits in. I'd say he's as likely as AM are, really.

Eh, I still think it’s too soon. AM haven’t played since 2013 and they’ve released two albums since (will be three come 2023 if they play). Ed played just two festivals ago and I just don’t see him becoming a Coldplay-like house band for the festival; his one man show didn’t exactly leave an impact or have people begging for more. Maybe further down the line, but I’d be shocked if it was 2023.

I don’t see Ed returning so soon. We’ll only have had two festivals since he last headlined. 

Tbh I’d like to see a rule where no one can headline more than once in a 5 festival period (actual festivals, not years). I get there may be occasions where you need to go back to the well if someone pulls out etc, but it would be a general principle for me when drawing up your first choice headliner list.

1 hour ago, jannybruck said:

Ed Sheeran's doing two albums over the next 18 months, so almost certain he'll be at 2023 as well.

And? I think the one silver lining if you wanna call it that is there is a slight backlog on headliners so unless they maybe peg him as back up there is no need.

36 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

ive just seen some rumours creeping into twitter ref spice girls .... what happened with them last time ? did Emily dismiss the rumour ? racking my brains 

It was shot down fairly quickly from what I remember. I think one of them mentioned Glastonbury a few times and Emily denied it