2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

59 minutes ago, jparx said:

Working in a different office today and they have Capital FM on. Never listen to the station and feels like I'm in a new world.

Anyway, I swear every other song they play is Dua Lipa. Really think we're sleeping on the prospect of her topping the Pyramid.

She's the 2nd most streamed artist in the world on Spotify. She has been in the top 3 for over a year.

She gets better streams than Billie Eilish or any other pop girl.

I know that's not the only barometer, but on a daily basis she's one of the most listened to artists IN THE WORLD. Only beaten by the Weeknd.

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

She's the 2nd most streamed artist in the world on Spotify. She has been in the top 3 for over a year.

She gets better streams than Billie Eilish or any other pop girl.

I know that's not the only barometer, but on a daily basis she's one of the most listened to artists IN THE WORLD. Only beaten by the Weeknd.

Yep, you don't have to convince me!

If Taylor is gone, I think Dua is headlining. If Taylor is there, I reckon Dua is down for 2023. I'd be stunned if she still plays on the Other next year.

3 hours ago, jparx said:

Working in a different office today and they have Capital FM on. Never listen to the station and feels like I'm in a new world.

Anyway, I swear every other song they play is Dua Lipa. Really think we're sleeping on the prospect of her topping the Pyramid.

Update on this - they've played Peaches tune by Bieber about 3000 fucking times today, and it's still no good. Is it just me, or, regardless of how famous he is, Bieber's music just doesn't do it at all.

70m + monthly listeners on Spotify, #1 in the world.

Can someone make a reasonable case that he wouldn't headline...?

Don't get me wrong, I think he's dreadful, but clearly a lot of people listen to him, and I bet a decent number of Glastonbury-goers fit into that.

Just now, maelzoid said:

Don't get me wrong, I think he's dreadful, but clearly a lot of people listen to him, and I bet a decent number of Glastonbury-goers fit into that.

No real substantial argument, other than it just doesn't feel like something that would happen. Either from the side of him wanting to play and agreeing to the small fee, or to Emily making the move to book him. Plus, is anyone really asking for it to happen? I get there's a sense of taking risks, setting the agenda rather than following along, no one was really asking for Jay-Z etc., but for someone (I imagine) that would be so hard to book, don't think it's something that would be on the radar at all.

Course it would - you're playing in front of thousands of pissed up festival goers after a good time. Any banger, no matter how plastic, would go off. 

And why are we waffling so much about echo chambers all of a sudden?

30 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

Just can’t really see the festival going after him and I don’t think he would approach the festival either. Headliner on paper but not a headliner I can see materialising.

Can’t see them being in a rush to rebook Ed when there’s plenty more huge pop options which haven’t played or had a chance to headline yet. I think the pop headliner chances are pretty much solidified for the next few editions. Can’t see there being a need for a divergence.

interesting interview with the main man. Talks about his hopes to sing on stage and hoping Macca/Diana/Taylor invite him.

Most probably just general chit chat and those were the names that jumped to mind… or might it be a slip of the tongue 🤔 

Edited by mike46

32 minutes ago, mike46 said:

interesting interview with the main man. Talks about his hopes to sing on stage and hoping Macca/Diana/Taylor invite him.

Most probably just general chit chat and those were the names that jumped to mind… or might it be a slip of the tongue 🤔 

Gah, so hard to tell with Michael. It’s either everything or it’s nothing. I mean, he did volunteer Macca and Taylor as names there, whereas Ross was suggested to him, so who the hell knows. You’d think he’d be aware if Taylor and Macca were out of the picture, surely?

Edited by jparx

1 hour ago, mike46 said:

I think at this point after all this time he knows what is what.  Itss not as if they werent going to have the top names more or less locked in. We know Diana was back with the tour dates and the 2 other huge names just seemed like they wouldnt let them slip away. Kendrick just seemed the odd one out and they maybe had some flexibility and he is on for 2023 instead. I mean could we just see Elton and Billie on Friday and she is willing to sub? Or just gets to headline Other and thats the  perfect counter programming? Then you still have Dua vs Macca and Pet Shop Boys vs Taylor? Fat Boy can just get a decent slot on the Pyramid and its not as if that wont go over well.

5 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Me and the missus are trying for baby number 2. If that is the trio then condoms are going on 9 months before G22.

Love this.

We are expecting No 2 in August but I have conditional approval to attend Glasto next year by myself. My Wife is great.

16 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

I think at this point after all this time he knows what is what.  Itss not as if they werent going to have the top names more or less locked in. We know Diana was back with the tour dates and the 2 other huge names just seemed like they wouldnt let them slip away. Kendrick just seemed the odd one out and they maybe had some flexibility and he is on for 2023 instead. I mean could we just see Elton and Billie on Friday and she is willing to sub? Or just gets to headline Other and thats the  perfect counter programming? Then you still have Dua vs Macca and Pet Shop Boys vs Taylor? Fat Boy can just get a decent slot on the Pyramid and its not as if that wont go over well.

Billie Eilish is not subbing the Pyramid or headlining the Other.