2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Think your X would be a band, probably one who has played before and touring a new record.

Arctic Monkeys would be my bet.

I was going to put Arctic Monkeys but to me, they just don't seem to be doing anything? Maybe the pandemic substantially pushed back their plans - but I could see that trio going down extremely well.

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I was going to put Arctic Monkeys but to me, they just don't seem to be doing anything? Maybe the pandemic substantially pushed back their plans - but I could see that trio going down extremely well.

There were rumours and photos suggesting they were heading into the studio just before the pandemic hit. I think it’s reasonable to assume that had things been different they’d be touring a new album by now.

Seem a fair shout for Reading next year I’d wager.

Just now, FloorFiller said:

Yep if Taylor is out then I think Dua is more likely to be her replacement than Billie. Already booked for 2020 but has gone stratospheric since so would be an easy bump up.

Totally agree. She's the most obvious replacement if they've lost Taylor.

I must admit I am getting nervous that Taylor is very busy with these re-recordings and won't be going out to tour. Once she hits the road she won't be able to give these the same attention. 

We will see but I still think she's signed.

38 minutes ago, BFisherr said:

There's no way Emily has booked 3 male headliners (Kendrick / Macca / Elton), I think one of Billie/Taylor are certain. 

Why not? 

It’s happened before multiple times. 

Di-Ro as the legend,  female headliners across the other stages and an equal gender split would work. 

(Not saying it will happen, but it’s a possibility).

2 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Why not? 

It’s happened before multiple times. 

Di-Ro as the legend,  female headliners across the other stages and an equal gender split would work. 

(Not saying it will happen, but it’s a possibility).

It literally happened last festival. And the festival before that.

If Taylor is out then they aren’t going to turn down Elton John because he’s a bloke.

10 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I must admit I am getting nervous that Taylor is very busy with these re-recordings and won't be going out to tour. Once she hits the road she won't be able to give these the same attention. 

We will see but I still think she's signed.

Red Anniversary mini-tour in June at that massive new stadium in LA, NYC, Paris, London and Glastonbury. 

1 minute ago, nikkic said:

He’s the perfect headliner 

Yep, you’d be hard pressed to find another headliner with that many bangers that are known and possibly loved by all different age groups, even if you’ve never actively sought out listening to him. Probably best he be on the Sunday if he played because the entire crowds throats would be fucked from belting out every last song for two solid hours. 

As much as it's fun to point out the whole lockdown I'm Dill Dando debacle and question whether he's got the vocal chops to do himself justice these days, it would be glorious.  Personally I'd be happier with him than any of the original 2020 headliners, but equally I'm not going to start lobbying for anyone to be replaced.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dentalplan said:

For anyone who doesn’t remember pre-pandemic, Elton pulled this shit non-stop for years. Touring random stadiums around Glastonbury.

Here he is, dickteasing us one last time. The fucker.

Been on his last tour for ages as well as lets be honest, whilst it is fitting its currently scheduled to finish in a rugby league stadium, there's more chance of his final gig being in the one in St Helens than a random one in New Zealand.