2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

25 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

She’s at primavera in June and if she’s in the states say April - May it does look good for her to be on a wider EU circuit smack bang around glasto.

Yeah but theres plenty of US options in late may/early june. If she is hopping around  to Bottlerock,  Boston Calling, Bonnaroo ( depends on dates ) Governors Ball and Firefly then Prima is just an anomaly but who knows. I figure some of those are off the table tomorrow but stranger things have happened. If its an underplay tour then festivals will take no issue on the solo dates cause theyll get anyone shut out of those dates.

Edited by Suprefan

2 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Yeah but theres plenty of US options in late may/early june. If she is hopping around  to Boston Calling, Bonnaroo ( depends on dates ) Governors Ball and Firefly then Prima is just an anomaly but who knows.

I’d be very surprised if primavera got her and nowhere else in Europe did. For a NZ based artist that’s a long way to go for one show.

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I’d be very surprised if primavera got her and nowhere else in Europe did. For a NZ based artist that’s a long way to go for one show.

But if youre on the east coast already and its only a 6 hour flight to Barcelona, its not that insane. Artists have done much more extreme things to go perform somewhere. Im not saying there isnt anything else in europe, its just that Prima might just be the beginning and not the middle of euro dates.

Edited by Suprefan

On 6/19/2021 at 11:19 AM, thewayiam said:

They are playing Hellfest on the Sunday of Glastonbury because of how long it's going for next year. 

Right you are.

I guess that Metallica schedule was drawn up before Hellfest was announced.

Just about plausible they could turn up on the Friday, but Lars won’t be there as a punter... 

59 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

Right you are.

I guess that Metallica schedule was drawn up before Hellfest was announced.

Just about plausible they could turn up on the Friday, but Lars won’t be there as a punter... 

Nah it's not worth there time and the money to get there and back.

4 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

Billie Eilish out the running now that she’s a big racist ?

Nah, doubt this will impact her career much if at all. Likely a bunch of alt-right, anti-cancel culture dorks trying to get her cancelled. Not sure anyone is really that arsed at what someone said when they were 13.

3 minutes ago, jparx said:

Nah, doubt this will impact her career much if at all. Likely a bunch of alt-right, anti-cancel culture dorks trying to get her cancelled. Not sure anyone is really that arsed at what someone said when they were 13.

Totally this. It's a non-story, and the fact she's even had to make a public apology about lip-syncing a song that already contained the slur when the rapper concerned (Tyler the Creator) has had no pushback at all, shows how some people will take offence whenever and wherever they can.

19 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

Totally this. It's a non-story, and the fact she's even had to make a public apology about lip-syncing a song that already contained the slur when the rapper concerned (Tyler the Creator) has had no pushback at all, shows how some people will take offence whenever and wherever they can.

The biggest joke with cancel culture is it’s a weapon the alt-right use arguably more than the left. James Gunn for instance. Much like how those who use the term snowflake are normally the biggest snowflakes out there!

1 hour ago, mattiloy said:

Billie Eilish out the running now that she’s a big racist ?

Considering Van Morrison is at Pilton Party, dont know how youre gonna say Billie gets removed from contention. And its ridiculous to discuss because its things a 13 year old said. Her boyfriend on the other hand….

Edited by Suprefan

51 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Considering Van Morrison is at Pilton Party, dont know how youre gonna say Billie gets removed from contention. And its ridiculous to discuss because its things a 13 year old said. Her boyfriend on the other hand….

He’s at the abbey extravaganza … Pilton party …. Has been replaced by equinox this year … 

Blur / Reg / Taylor

I think they’ll want someone homegrown and familiar with their first big headliner back. I’ve got a gut instinct that King Kendrick won’t quite fit the bill. I can see him being there in 2023 after touring new material. 

Reg because of today’s tour news and the very Glasto shaped hole next June. 

Taylor because I think she’ll still be very committed and I can’t imagine they’d turn her down for anyone. 

Gap seems too convenient so until anything more concrete, Reg is in my prediction. Lack of info mixed with the fact they could be busy means at the moment Kenny and Taylor aren't in the trio. Seems weird Billie coming back over to UK after the a few EU gigs so imma say for something different:

Billie Eilish // Macca // Elton John

28 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Gap seems too convenient so until anything more concrete, Reg is in my prediction. Lack of info mixed with the fact they could be busy means at the moment Kenny and Taylor aren't in the trio. Seems weird Billie coming back over to UK after the a few EU gigs so imma say for something different:

Billie Eilish // Macca // Elton John

Kendrick is doing a Vegas festival in November and the feeling seems to be that he’ll be on the road with new material next summer.

Worth plonking this here for those who don’t visit the Taylor thread. Either totally innocuous/reference to when she used to bundle pics with merch or hinting that a tour announcement is coming. Knowing Taylor and how meticulous she is, seems more likely to be the latter but we’ll see!

6 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

FWIW I would love all of Kendrick / Elton / Taylor / Macca / Billie to headline. So I’m abstaining from this one. 

Five into three doesn’t go, and with Diana looking an absolute cert for legend there’s not even any chance of shoehorning Elton in there (not that I think he’d take it).

Right now, and based on nothing but a feeling, my money would be on Kendrick, Elton and Taylor.

58 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Five into three doesn’t go, and with Diana looking an absolute cert for legend there’s not even any chance of shoehorning Elton in there (not that I think he’d take it).

Right now, and based on nothing but a feeling, my money would be on Kendrick, Elton and Taylor.

I don’t see why Macca would be playing a festival in Belgium the weekend before Glastonbury and not then headline Glastonbury. I can’t see anything but Macca there, he’s the most nailed on for me.

Which then suggests either no Elton, or Macca and Elton on the same bill. The latter seems so outrageous I just don’t think it’s happening, although I do have to concede Taylor is currently looking the most likely to skip the festival. With the massive caveat that we’ve still got a VERY long way to go, and in a normal year we wouldn’t have any tours announced at this stage for summer 2022.

Betting on what we know at this specific moment in time, I’d go Kendrick, Elton and Macca, but I do still think there’s a decent chance Taylor is announcing a tour in the coming months which would obviously change the picture significantly.