2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

I'm not even a superfan but Macca's still exceptionally sprightly (being rich as fuck really helps), still knocking out great albums, and has easily one of the best live backing bands on earth right now. Absolutely no way it won't be brilliant. He's not being wheeled in from a care home or anything.

Edited by jannybruck

4 hours ago, Sparticus said:

I watched the originals in the 90s on the re-release, can confirm that waiting 20 years to see Luke Sky walker throw his light saber away as a cheap joke in the last jedi set the tone for the next 2 hours...

Where did that lightsabre come from anyway? Last I saw it, it was travelling to the bottom of a very deep shaft with a severed hand still hanging on to it.

1 hour ago, kalifire said:

Wouldn’t surprise me at all to see Metallica as a TBC but can’t see them headlining. Has anyone fallen so immediately in love with the festival as Lars? 

They are playing the Sunday of Glastonbury though which would probably mean they play the Friday. I don't see then going from Prague on the 22nd, to South West England for a nothing paid gig virtually and then back to Belgium.

That is so close to Download that I'm shocked they've not persuaded then to play. So next year is RAR/RIP, Nova Rock and Graspop. If them 3 get them and Download don't then I think that's it for chances over.

Metallica have form for doing surprise shows. Relatives of mine went to Nashville for a country music festival/convention thing, and Metallica rocked up in a tiny bar and just did a set of Lynyrd Skynyrd type stuff for an hour. Apparently it wasn’t seen as a big deal at all, and most of the people there didn’t really know who they were! I could totally see them doing something random on the Farm next year.

Edited by jparx

2 hours ago, thewayiam said:

They are playing the Sunday of Glastonbury though which would probably mean they play the Friday. I don't see then going from Prague on the 22nd, to South West England for a nothing paid gig virtually and then back to Belgium.

What’s this Sunday gig? Werchter is a week later. 

During the build up for the ‘20 festival I was suggesting them for a secret set. An hour in JP in the middle of the day, or opening the other or pyramid is the dream.

30 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

What’s this Sunday gig? Werchter is a week later. 

During the build up for the ‘20 festival I was suggesting them for a secret set. An hour in JP in the middle of the day, or opening the other or pyramid is the dream.

They are playing Hellfest on the Sunday of Glastonbury because of how long it's going for next year. 

3 hours ago, Suprefan said:

If Metallica had to headline again that means the Eavii werent able to get anyone else which would be very strange. 2 years of searching and negotiating and you have to settle for them? 

Settle for them? One the biggest names in rock and stadium headliner. Played once before so it’s not a common act. Certainly wouldn’t see a problem with them but probably wouldn’t be in attendance. 

9 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Going to guess someone has a tour announcement tomorrow ?

Yep. And its funny cause the cat kind of got out the bag right now oddly enough. I didnt get any indication of global dates, just the north american ones. ( but this puts her out of contention for Coachella )

IMG_9182.jpg

11 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Yep. And its funny cause the cat kind of got out the bag right now oddly enough. I didnt get any indication of global dates, just the north american ones. ( but this puts her out of contention for Coachella )

IMG_9182.jpg

Oh nice! Do you know if there’s a glasto gap?

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Oh nice! Do you know if there’s a glasto gap?

Again, no indication if there are world dates coming with the north american ones. We’ll see in maybe 23 hours give or take. But at least it shows that she technically is available cause she ( for now ) is on this side of the Atlantic in the spring. 

3 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Again, no indication if there are world dates coming with the north american ones. We’ll see in maybe 23 hours give or take. But at least it shows that she technically is available cause she ( for now ) is on this side of the Atlantic in the spring. 

She’s at primavera in June and if she’s in the states say April - May it does look good for her to be on a wider EU circuit smack bang around glasto.