2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

18 hours ago, jparx said:

Ah this is bit where all the bOoMeRs rag on Phantom Menace and hug their precious Ewok teddy.

FFS. I turn my back on this for 5 minutes and this is what happens.

Nothing to do with Ewoks vs Jar Jar, everything to do with tedious trade negotiations, wooden acting, stilted dialogue, over use of crap CGI and wasting what should have been an absolutely class-A villain in Darth Maul.

We watched the prequels over Christmas and they're still poop.

And I know they've never been a high point of nuance, dialogue and acting. Don't @ me millennials.

3 hours ago, Matt42 said:

From an American Coachella board. Kendrick will be playing shows later this year under the premise he doesn’t debut new material, as he has a later festival tour where he will be playing new material.

Kendrick was a late add. the only way another festival let him perform was if he did not to do new material. 

kendrick is slated for a big run in the future with new material and signed a contract to debut new material with another festival. “

Well its one show this year btw. Vegas is all he is doing. And wasnt his plan for Glastonbury to debut new material all along? If thats off the table you might as well be looking elsewhere for a headliner. 

9 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Well its one show this year btw. Vegas is all he is doing. And wasnt his plan for Glastonbury to debut new material all along? If thats off the table you might as well be looking elsewhere for a headliner. 

I doubt there was any specific plan for Glasto. It was another stop on a run of European festivals.

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I doubt there was any specific plan for Glasto. It was another stop on a run of European festivals.

Yep. Glastonbury may (or may not - I can’t remember?) have been the first stop on his tour, but I doubt there was ever an actual plan for it to be the very first place he played his new shit, and was just one of many festivals.

Guessing we’ve still got a while until new material then if Coachella his presumably now his first stop and where he’ll be debuting it all live.

Still think Kenny is the one headliner out of the original 2020 trio with the most...mystery? I can't work out whether he'd absolutely bring the goods and tailor the show like Jay did, or whether it would just be another gig for him.

Anyone have any thoughts?

(I love him, but only wondering as I don't know how he views Glasto) 

Just now, Zacko said:

Still think Kenny is the one headliner out of the original 2020 trio with the most...mystery? I can't work out whether he'd absolutely bring the goods and tailor the show like Jay did, or whether it would just be another gig for him.

Anyone have any thoughts?

(I love him, but only wondering as I don't know how he views Glasto) 

He’s definitely up for doing it seeing as he technically rescheduled 2021 and looks to be doing the same for 2022.

His R&L headline set was a bit phoned in but his Coachella 2017 set definitely wasn’t. Depends on the event I guess.

25 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yep. Glastonbury may (or may not - I can’t remember?) have been the first stop on his tour, but I doubt there was ever an actual plan for it to be the very first place he played his new shit, and was just one of many festivals.

Guessing we’ve still got a while until new material then if Coachella his presumably now his first stop and where he’ll be debuting it all live.

He’d be a pretty solid replacement for Frank Ocean and bagging both Travis and Kendrick in the same year would go down very well with chella’s audience. Especially with a sprinkling of Rage on top too.

Paul McCartney's birthday today. He will be 80 by the time of the next festival. I want to see a Beatle play live, but at what point will he be too old to deliver without it being embarrassing.

I enjoyed Burt Bacharach and BB King when they played, both in their 80s, but they were both sat down for the entirety of their sets, not headlining, and not playing energetic rock n roll.

I can't believe we got on to Star Wars thing here, but The Last Jedi is a terrible film on so many levels. So bad, I stopped watching them entirely and haven't seen Rise of Skywalker, which I hear is even worse.

On 6/16/2021 at 9:41 PM, jparx said:

Ah this is bit where all the bOoMeRs rag on Phantom Menace and hug their precious Ewok teddy.

Surely it's GenXers ragging on the prequel trilogy, having been kids with the originals. it can't be long until "OK Xer..." hits the mainstream.

Prequel trilogy is objectively fucking dogshit by the way...

1 minute ago, maelzoid said:

Surely it's GenXers ragging on the prequel trilogy, having been kids with the originals. it can't be long until "OK Xer..." hits the mainstream.

Prequel trilogy is objectively fucking dogshit by the way...

I watched the originals in the 90s on the re-release, can confirm that waiting 20 years to see Luke Sky walker throw his light saber away as a cheap joke in the last jedi set the tone for the next 2 hours...

4 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

Paul McCartney's birthday today. He will be 80 by the time of the next festival. I want to see a Beatle play live, but at what point will he be too old to deliver without it being embarrassing.

I saw Macca a couple of years ago at the O2 and certainly delivered still.

I also feel for the likes of Macca, Reg and the Stones it's important not to expect crystal reproductions of their perfect voices, it's about the vibe and enjoying just having them on stage.

When 80,000 people are going mad to Live and Let Die it won't matter if he's a little croaky.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I saw Macca a couple of years ago at the O2 and certainly delivered still.

I also feel for the likes of Macca, Reg and the Stones it's important not to expect crystal reproductions of their perfect voices, it's about the vibe and enjoying just having them on stage.

When 80,000 people are going mad to Live and Let Die it won't matter if he's a little croaky.

Think I might have been at the same one. Played pretty close to 3hrs and nearly missed my tube home. 
I’d have no concern about him playing at 80, if he was still up for it.