2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

On 1/22/2021 at 9:49 AM, Mark H said:

Everyone here seems to be forgetting that, under the law of Glastonbury, Muse must play every 6 years precisely. 2004, 2010, 2016, 2022.

You don’t need to love it, but the law is the law:

Muse

Swift

Blur.

Thought this was worthy of a bump to note Muse are playing festivals next year and have a gap between Florence on 17 June and France on 3 July.

There is a pattern.

14 minutes ago, K2SO said:

I assume it's been mentioned a lot, but Billie Eilish has a Glasto-sized gap in her tour. Too soon to headline with only 2 albums?

It’s been debated a fair bit. Rumour has it there’s still another date to be added (on the Sunday) which would mean Friday or bust.

Personally I’m sceptical she’ll schedule it in next year, unless Kendrick has dropped out.

33 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

It’s been debated a fair bit. Rumour has it there’s still another date to be added (on the Sunday) which would mean Friday or bust.

Personally I’m sceptical she’ll schedule it in next year, unless Kendrick has dropped out.

I think if she's offered it while the hype train is here then she'll do it. That tour is way too coincidental 

7 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Comes down to whether the fest have managed to retain the original trio.

She’s certainly in striking distance if they haven’t.

This is my read on it as well.

I still assume the 2020 trio have 'right of first refusal' on headlining 2022, but I'd say with those dates Eilish is definitely in the frame if one of them are for whatever reason unavailable.

58 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Don’t think there is a Sunday date coming as they have mentioned a few times now that the tour is completely sold out. Surely they would have announced it when the Saturday date sold out?

They can do what they want with the date. Its there for the taking until they decide against it and somebody else books the same date. No rush to say anything with a year to go. Could be added it in Feb for all they care. Look at it this way, assume the decision for the Sunday show happens if/when Glasto makes its choice. If she is playing then no sunday date. If she is out, Sunday is added.

And its 2 albums and an EP, thats a decent amount of material. Plush some other singles. There is your 3 albums

Edited by Suprefan

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

They can do what they want with the date. Its there for the taking until they decide against it and somebody else books the same date. No rush to say anything with a year to go. Could be added it in Feb for all they care. Look at it this way, assume the decision for the Sunday show happens if/when Glasto makes its choice. If she is playing then no sunday date. If she is out, Sunday is added.

And its 2 albums and an EP, thats a decent amount of material. Plush some other singles. There is your 3 albums

Hmm. You did say you heard there was a Sunday date though.

1 hour ago, brettredmayne said:

Is there any substantial rumours Taylor is touring in 2022 , I’ve had a look about but not seen anything 

No, but I dont think she is going to rethink a lot of it. Easy to play one offs in England since she goes there often. Assume she is returning unless told otherwise.

2 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Wait, what? TW Classic is on Glastonbury Saturday next year, right? 25th June. So if Macca’s playing then, that means he’s out for Glastonbury? 

Sorry I got this wrong - that’s just the nick date. Paul will be at a different date.

6 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Wait, what? TW Classic is on Glastonbury Saturday next year, right? 25th June. So if Macca’s playing then, that means he’s out for Glastonbury? 

He was meant to play there the week before Glastonbury in 2020, possibly the same again. If he’s touring Europe next summer he’ll be at Glastonbury.

I return to eFests for the for time in ages and @kalifire put the shits up me within about 30 seconds. Love it.

8 minutes ago, kalifire said:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

So Macca looks in, and the feeling seems to be that Taylor will too (despite little concrete and evidence).

All eyes on Kenny now.

My take would be that Billie has been asked to keep that weekend free just in case. Her people have probably thought that while she’s waiting they squeeze another O2 show in so it’s not a complete waste if she’s not called.