2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Dua Lipa’s third album is apparently in the works. Would be quite mad if she had it out for next summer.

Surely if she has album #3 ready for next year then she isn’t headlining the Other? She could instead headline the whole shebang in 23 on that album’s victory lap.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Surely if she has album #3 ready for next year then she isn’t headlining the Other? She could instead headline the whole shebang in 23 on that album’s victory lap.

Unless she's already been booked to play from earlier this year. Which would of carried on from last year? If shes not playing then I can 100% see her headlining 2023. Which would also be interesting to see if they would do Billie and Dua both headlining. 

3 hours ago, Matt42 said:

They need to add a 4th day 

You mean they need to allow bands on Pyramid and Other for Thursday.

and Dua is “thinking about album 3”. No indicator it could be finished by the winter and released in the spring.

Edited by Suprefan

I think Billie is doing it. No more announced dates and it's too convenient to be able to make it on both the Friday and Sunday of the fest.

Even if say she did Tinderbox on the Friday. Both The 02 and Glastonbury are within close enough proximity to do both and have the Monday off with Belgium across the water.

But with the money she is making from her tour, I'm inclined to think she may opt for Glastonbury as a televised set will set her up for bigger things the year after or even later next year.

52 minutes ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

Billie v Taylor? What happened to the good old days of real rock legend debates like Foals v 1975.

6 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Gaga is moving her tour til next year. Lets wait for the gaps shen its officially announced.

https://variety.com/2021/music/news/lady-gaga-postpones-chromatica-ball-tour-1234986534/

So now we have Dua Lipa subbing Billie Eilish and Lady Gaga under Taylor Swift. Can you imagine! Joking aside though, I think they would book either of those over Kendrick.

All joking aside with the “they won’t book x and y in the same year”, I can definitely see them having Gaga and Taylor together. I think both are big enough and have more than enough credibility to not be seen as “ugh two women pop stars headlining”.

12 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Not sure how much you would call him a rapper though? I'd argue he falls more into the generic popstar category...

: checks his Grammy wins and theyre all for Rap songs or albums :

🤔

other than that. Present the argument on how a rapper is a generic pop star due to how many albums they sell or how much theyre streamed.

56 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

So now we have Dua Lipa subbing Billie Eilish and Lady Gaga under Taylor Swift. Can you imagine! Joking aside though, I think they would book either of those over Kendrick.

That they have previously booked Kendrick to headline and have never booked Gaga to suggests otherwise.

43 minutes ago, jparx said:

All joking aside with the “they won’t book x and y in the same year”, I can definitely see them having Gaga and Taylor together. I think both are big enough and have more than enough credibility to not be seen as “ugh two women pop stars headlining”.

Dunno why, but I’m not sure I see Gaga ever doing it. Feels to me like if she was going to she would have by now.

I’d argue that Taylor, Billie and Dua are all ahead of her in the queue. (She’s still ahead of Arianna Grande though)

6 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Dunno why, but I’m not sure I see Gaga ever doing it. Feels to me like if she was going to she would have by now.

I’d argue that Taylor, Billie and Dua are all ahead of her in the queue. (She’s still ahead of Arianna Grande though)

I always see Gaga as someone who could come in at any point and do it, and it’d be a decent coup if it happened. She’s a great option for a big, fresh and interesting booking and she almost feels timeless at this point. It could have happened already for sure, but I don’t see that as a reason why it can’t happen moving forward. Could be a *cough* million reasons why the stars haven’t aligned before.

Edited by jparx

5 minutes ago, jparx said:

I always see Gaga as someone who could come in at any point and do it, and it’d be a decent coup if it happened. She’s a great option for a big, fresh and interesting booking and she almost feels timeless at this point. It could have happened already for sure, but I don’t see that as a reason why it can’t happen moving forward. Could be a *cough* million reasons why the stars haven’t aligned before.

I’d be a little surprised and disappointed in Gaga, given her artist sensibilities, if money was the key blockage. She’s not an act I could see the festival going above the standard fee for.