2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

So her extra UK dates are Saturday and Sunday of Glastonbury. With Paris on the Wednesday before and Belgium on the Tuesday afterwards. It’s a punishing schedule, but then she’s doing six night in a row a couple of weeks before...

If I was a betting man, I'd say a second night in Paris (on the Thursday) looks far more likely than a detour to Worthy Farm.

Although probably "neither" is still the favourite.

The moment Matt started talking in certainties about her being there should’ve been the dead giveaway that she wasn’t gonna play.

Kendrick still firmly in the picture imo. Gonna have a shit hot new album out so I don’t see why he’d not just shift all his festival dates to promote it.

Kendrick / Macca / Swift and don’t you just love to see it.

Just now, FloorFiller said:

The moment Matt started talking in certainties about her being there should’ve been the dead giveaway that she wasn’t gonna play.

Kendrick still firmly in the picture imo. Gonna have a shit hot new album out so I don’t see why he’d not just shift all his festival dates to promote it.

Yeah I’m still leaning towards Kendrick. As you say, there’s at least one record in the pipeline and he wasn’t announced for his other Euro festivals this year until reasonably late.

7 minutes ago, incident said:

If I was a betting man, I'd say a second night in Paris (on the Thursday) looks far more likely than a detour to Worthy Farm.

Although probably "neither" is still the favourite.

Does seem odd that she’d only do one night in Paris when she’s got 15 or so UK dates.

A couple of nights in Paris, hop back to London for two nights, then hop over to Belgium does make more sense.

59 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I really hope it is that trio, because from the looks of it, we wouldn't of had a Kendrick album by last summer or Taylor doing Folklore/Evermore. So to me the 3 were already insane. If Kendricks album is 'good' (of course it will be) its probably gonna be my favourite 3 ever. 

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Does seem odd that she’d only do one night in Paris when she’s got 15 or so UK dates.

A couple of nights in Paris, hop back to London for two nights, then hop over to Belgium does make more sense.

It just depends if the venues are booked or not. Look at how her O2 nights are booked. The arena is going to be busy so they had to patch it together. Paris might only have the one night available. Lets just look at it this way, its Friday or bust and the chance is there until somebody signs their contract which apparently hasnt happend yet even though it should have a year ago.

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

So her extra UK dates are Saturday and Sunday of Glastonbury. With Paris on the Wednesday before and Belgium on the Tuesday afterwards. It’s a punishing schedule, but then she’s doing six night in a row a couple of weeks before...

All eyes on Kendrick now.

Judging by her dates she is free on Sunday.

She looks to have Thursday, Friday and Monday free.

4 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

She will also be adding an extra date on the Sunday too, hence why only the Friday is available.  

1 minute ago, sisco said:

She will also be adding an extra date on the Sunday too, hence why only the Friday is available.  

Fair. To be fair she only has 1 date rest from most of the 3 date do's. France isn't far away and London and Pilton aren't that far. I wouldn't say it's more than 50/50 now but I wouldn't write it totally off. If she had Friday and Sunday then I would but I'd say if she was doing Friday and Saturday with Sunday free it was more likely. Promoters will want the fresh voice for paid gigs rather than the cheaper gig then two nights. We shall see.

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

It just depends if the venues are booked or not. Look at how her O2 nights are booked. The arena is going to be busy so they had to patch it together. Paris might only have the one night available. Lets just look at it this way, its Friday or bust and the chance is there until somebody signs their contract which apparently hasnt happend yet even though it should have a year ago.

Yeah agreed. Current thinking is that it’ll be Kendrick, but if for whatever reason he doesn’t sign she’s in place to step in.

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Mercy

If it helps, seeing you go all in, and get excited a bit prematurely, has been the most normal thing around here for a long time. Plus whilst your absolutions can rub people up the wrong way, your balls to the wall enthusiasm is infectious and has helped me rekindle the excitement for when we're back on the farm 

3 minutes ago, Jakeyboi135 said:

If it helps, seeing you go all in, and get excited a bit prematurely, has been the most normal thing around here for a long time. Plus whilst your absolutions can rub people up the wrong way, your balls to the wall enthusiasm is infectious and has helped me rekindle the excitement for when we're back on the farm 

I could have done so much more if I only had time 

2 hours ago, thewayiam said:

As said above, Sunday will be added, just wait for the general sales and then itll come up. They had those dates held from the start but had to be sure of the demand.

42 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Ow

Sorry, didnt wanna spoil the party too soon til it had to be done. 

Maybe we just change the thread title to Friday headliners 2022 since it seems to be the most vulnerable slot next year.

34 minutes ago, mcshed said:

Why is everyone certain that if the headliners have rolled over that they are necessarily on the same days as they were in 2020?

Maybe Kendrick is Saturday now.

Well I’d assume this is the way Glastonbury would try and rebook them. Obviously plans change and they might have something else booked for the day they were originally meant to play, but tbh if they’re rolling Glastonbury over it’d be a good assumption that they’re rolling most of the rest of the tour over and so the 2020 dates would still be the ones that work for them.

Also, and this is the important one: because having Billie almost ruled out this early after Matt’s whole tirade is hilarious.