2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Because he hasn’t been booked yet?

Doesnt mean he won’t be though.

My point was more. Why wouldn't he have booked? No gigs for ages, there is clear spaces. You know what you are doing in the next summer I'd suspect, especially a bigger seller in demand.

3 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

My point was more. Why wouldn't he have booked? No gigs for ages, there is clear spaces. You know what you are doing in the next summer I'd suspect, especially a bigger seller in demand.

Many reasons - negotiating on money, might be waiting till the picture is clearer, might be finishing his album, might still be finalising touring plans...

It’s a full 12 months before next summer’s festival season. There’s no need to book and announce everything right away.

9 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Getting worked up because acts aren’t being announced 12 MONTHS in advance is peak eFests guys.

It was always bound to happen with festivals announcing stuff over a year out now. It’s a mix of festivals being desperate to sell/not have to refund tickets and the acts being announced are (mostly) ones who probably rely more on the festival circuit for their income. Festivals like Glastonbury and acts like Kendrick and Taylor don’t need to be in such a rush to commit.

Edited by jparx

36 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Many reasons - negotiating on money, might be waiting till the picture is clearer, might be finishing his album, might still be finalising touring plans...

It’s a full 12 months before next summer’s festival season. There’s no need to book and announce everything right away.

Also we are still in pandemic and while things look good at the moment there is still hesitancy. Are you hesitant to book holidays at the moment? Same thing.

12 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

He signed on for other European festivals though.

We had this exact same panic 12 months ago.

The last 12 months have been such a blur that I can't even remember if any announcements were ever made about Glasto 2021. Nothing official I think (I obviously checked the Thingy) but we're there any sniffs of confirmations....or had no one actually even booked?

19 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

The last 12 months have been such a blur that I can't even remember if any announcements were ever made about Glasto 2021. Nothing official I think (I obviously checked the Thingy) but we're there any sniffs of confirmations....or had no one actually even booked?

Definite sniffs that some acts booked for 2020 were in the area, and definite sniffs that some acts had announced tours with clear schedules on the weekend - but no indication anyone had been booked.

I highly doubt a full / formal lineup was put together, but they had probably a long list of names to do it if the universe happened a different way.

39 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

There was never anything official from the festival but we had a good idea on who we thought would be there based on previously booked acts showing up on lineups elsewhere and rearranging tours with Glasto shaped holes.

One of my scenarios is playing out. Now everyone can breathe that sigh of relief for the moment. Another O2 date added for June 25th. ( fyi she is going to add the 26th. so now its all going to fall on Friday. She does play 3 gigs in a row on tour so..... )

E2aHE6aVIAA_5-o.jpg

Edited by Suprefan

16 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

One of my scenarios is playing out. Now everyone can breathe that sigh of relief for the moment. Another O2 date added for June 25th. ( fyi she is going to add the 26th. so now its all going to fall on Friday. She does play 3 gigs in a row on tour so..... )

E2aHE6aVIAA_5-o.jpg

So Matts dream of her replacing Macca on the Saturday night is officially dead. Fair enough.

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

The equation looks simple. It’s Kendrick or Billie for the Friday.

God I hope it’s Kendrick.

Same 3, I’d be very surprised if it wasn’t.  Maybe a little shake up in subs or maybe Lorde just wasn’t announced last time:

Kendrick, Lana

Macca, NGHFB, Aerosmith

Taylor, Lorde

38 minutes ago, sisco said:

Same 3, I’d be very surprised if it wasn’t.  Maybe a little shake up in subs or maybe Lorde just wasn’t announced last time:

Kendrick, Lana

Macca, NGHFB, Aerosmith

Taylor, Lorde

Lorde is a bit of a wild card here. Could easily see her replacing either LDR or Dua if either of them don’t return.

Got a feeling Royal Blood are the third sub.

Edited by Hugh Jass