2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

38 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I’m very much still in the camp that Radiohead won’t play Glastonbury again for a while now. I’m tempted to say ‘ever again’ there but I’m sure if they’re still going in another ten years then they’ll give it another go, but who knows with them? The type of band who could easily disband any day now or equally continue together until one of them dies.

But I’ll be going to whatever shows they do announce whenever they’re announced for that exact reason. Spent too much of my life not going to see Radiohead live - it’s time to change that. 

Radiohead are one of a small number of bands who tour infrequently that I’ll always make an effort to see when they do tour. Blur, LCD and (if they get their arses in gear again) Pulp are among the others.

19 hours ago, lighthouse said:

Yes, indeed. Radiohead were in fact planning to tour this year, before the pandemic started. (Roadtest for new material?)

https://www.nme.com/news/music/radiohead-were-planning-to-tour-in-2021-before-coronavirus-outbreak-2654013

Way to cite such an old story. But yeah, they were looking at doing something for Kid A and then it all went to shit.

Now its just a matter of how much new material theyll have when the time comes to play shows. I still dont think a new album will come together quickly. Maybe 2023.

Im sure if they actually announced their final tour that they would want to have one final party at Glasto and then do some other big dates around it. Easy sell out for a BST gig if its labeled as one of their last ones.

Edited by Suprefan

3 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Way to cite such an old story. But yeah, they were looking at doing something for Kid A and then it all went to shit.

Now its just a matter of how much new material theyll have when the time comes to play shows. I still dont think a new album will come together quickly. Maybe 2023.

Im sure if they actually announced their final tour that they would want to have one final party at Glasto and then do some other big dates around it. Easy sell out for a BST gig if its labeled as one of their last ones.

Does it take that long to make a Radiohead album these days? Just record some drum machines falling down the stairs......

• 4 weeks later...

So we're not gonna run wild with the Emily quote? Still going to be interesting if they give any info out during the Live At Worthy Fam event or wait til Sept.

She revealed that they had confirmed all three headliners for 2022, but couldn’t say whether any of 2020’s planned main draws, Taylor Swift, Paul McCartney and Kendrick Lamar, would return. “It would be too easy to work out who it is. It’s looking like a different lineup, but there will be some crossover.”

15 minutes ago, jparx said:

My money is on all three being carried over still, with Kendrick being the one who could miss out if his tour goes ahead this summer.

Yeah this is my thinking, although with no sign of any new material and a few of the dates he was supposed to be doing already getting canned, I’d say he’s definitely gonna push it all back to next year, so hopefully they can get him back. 

I know a few people will moan that we end up getting the same 3 headliners from a two year old lineup, but there’s a reason they were booked for the 50th, and it’d suck to not have them headline.

Likewise, right now I can’t see past the original three. Emily saying all three are already booked this far out suggests it wasn’t a particularly protracted negotiation, just a rolling over of the last contract.

No complaints from me neither, it’s not as if any of them have become any less relevant and for me only raises the anticipation of finally seeing them even further.

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Likewise, right now I can’t see past the original three. Emily saying all three are already booked this far out suggests it wasn’t a particularly protracted negotiation, just a rolling over of the last contract.

No complaints from me neither, it’s not as if any of them have become any less relevant and for me only raises the anticipation of finally seeing them even further.

Long before COVID didn't Emily at an awards ceremony state that she had already booked 1 or 2 headliners for the festival that would have taken place this year i.e the year after the golden trio? Would be just as easy to roll them over, I get a feeling that the Macca moment has passed

Just now, Jakeyboi135 said:

Long before COVID didn't Emily at an awards ceremony state that she had already booked 1 or 2 headliners for the festival that would have taken place this year i.e the year after the golden trio? Would be just as easy to roll them over, I get a feeling that the Macca moment has passed

That might just be standard Eavis “we’ve already booked next year’s acts” talk (although in fairness Emily’s words today could be too).

They will, at the very least, give the 2020 headliners first refusal at playing and anyone lined up for 21 will have to get back in line.

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

That might just be standard Eavis “we’ve already booked next year’s acts” talk (although in fairness Emily’s words today could be too).

They will, at the very least, give the 2020 headliners first refusal at playing and anyone lined up for 21 will have to get back in line.

I'm sure they'll have 1st refusal, just think we'll get 2 out of 3, good news for meatloaf fans. Always find Emily to be careful with her words and honest, it's left to Michael to do the hyperbole