2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

Blur is a weird one that just doesn't really excite me much, I saw them last time they toured and while they were great didn't they just kind of fizzle out a bit after that? 

I'm not sure, just doesn't seem like there's that much excitement from people waiting for them to reform again, I guess it'd spark back up once they announced something.

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

I can picture Michael and Emily now..

“Ladies and gentlemen! It’s been a long three years. We’ve been through so much and suffered greatly. Which is why we’ve brought you something truly special to welcome you all back.

Here they are.... Coldplay!!!”

Feel like you should pin this as a reminder in a year and a half’s time. A true vision of the future.   

After it being so long since the Glastonbury I think I might cry at fucking Coldplay. 

Times going to be running out on Macca, Fleetwood Mac and Reg to play going much beyond 2022, so wonder if we get 2 of those 3? Eavis has said a few times Fleetwood Mac are his dream booking, Macca will no doubt be back, Swift can come on as a guest with Macca and then come back to headline 2023. Aerosmith and Muse as special guests and someone big to open the festival on the pyramid (insert Coldplay here). Adele will have a new album so could be an option. There was also that big metal special guest they apparently had booked for the Friday for the 50th, Metallica?

As you can tell, im already getting carried away and hoping for a mega all star party 😄 

12 minutes ago, rhyscork said:

Times going to be running out on Macca, Fleetwood Mac and Reg to play going much beyond 2022, so wonder if we get 2 of those 3? Eavis has said a few times Fleetwood Mac are his dream booking, Macca will no doubt be back, Swift can come on as a guest with Macca and then come back to headline 2023. Aerosmith and Muse as special guests and someone big to open the festival on the pyramid (insert Coldplay here). Adele will have a new album so could be an option. There was also that big metal special guest they apparently had booked for the Friday for the 50th, Metallica?

As you can tell, im already getting carried away and hoping for a mega all star party 😄 

Had we not decided the big metal special guest was someone who didn't want to miss a thing?

12 minutes ago, rhyscork said:

Adele won’t be back any time soon. This album that’s been coming for a couple of years now will be the first thing she’s released since she last headlined.

12 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Had we not decided the big metal special guest was someone who didn't want to miss a thing?

Thats what I thought at first, but then all their leaks had them on the Saturday and the metal slot was apparently on the Friday so wondered if there was someone else. Plus Lars has been very vocal about how much he loves Glasto after playing so could see Metallica doing a special slot for the 50th. No doubt just wishful thinking from me tho haha

4 hours ago, Ddiamondd said:

Really tugging at my heartstrings, all this chat about Kendrick moving on.

Deep down I know it's probable, if not overwhelmingly likely – but I just hope to god he comes back.

It's what lots of people round here said was going to happen this year until he started confirming everywhere and tunes were changed. There's nothing to suggest it won't be 2020s headliners yet, and I still don't think you can get a more impressive trio.

6 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I honestly think that they will try to get something big for next year. Like Blur or Oasis

I think both of the brothers having been off the road now for 2 years will hopefully just say enough and do it. They know theyll get their final retirement money just from a residency at Wembley.

4 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

I can picture Michael and Emily now..

“Ladies and gentlemen! It’s been a long three years. We’ve been through so much and suffered greatly. Which is why we’ve brought you something truly special to welcome you all back.

Here they are.... Coldplay!!!”

For Other Stage opener? Cool

5 hours ago, thewayiam said:

I'll go for Macca, Arctics and Swift 

Possible if Blur or Oasis cant materialize.

Im more interested in the Legend slot. Like maybe Diana Ross will just not want to wait and they have somebody who they had pencilled in just go for it.

But I still had Depeche Mode in there for mine so that can easily still be possible given that they cant tour this year.

I do understand you can only book who’s available etc... but they’ll try and make Glastonbury an absolutely massive thing (bigger than normal) as a mass celebration of this god awful Virus being under control.  They’re not starting with George Ezra or The 1975 (or Foals)

My Guess:

Blur or Arctic Monkeys

Paul McCartney

Taylor Swift

6 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

What about Taylor and Dua both as headliners?

Sure, but this is gonna be such a mess with agents and such because of artists album sales and everything being the only metric for how big they are.

And yeah, if they just let all the artists know that there is going to be 3 names up top and a very stacked undercard and theyll cater as best they can to making sure everyone gets what they desire thats a reasonable route to go. They could just promise Dua gets a pyramid slot in 2023 if she just sticks to Other headliner this time. 

Anyone ever consider they possibly give the sub and maybe 3rd down on each day of the pyramid an extended set so at least if its big names who are headline worthy can essentially perform a headline set? Could do the same for the sub on the other also. I mean its something at least. 

And Im trying to recall  that it has to be a hard curfew of midnight for the 2 main stages? Thats in the contract with the local council regarding sound levels, yes? Maybe they can apply for a waiver and make it go til 1am just for one year and then they dont have to revisit that issue for a period of say 5 years?

Edited by Suprefan

Sorry if i‘m missing something but I don’t see this Kendrick doom train?

Every single one of Kendricks euro dates this year in June will be cancelled. Do you not see the writing on the wall?

Hes not going to be touring Europe this summer. We are the most advanced country in Europe for vaccines and June is a no-go. No other country is going to sidestep this.

Even if 80% of Kendrick’s intended shows fall through he will can the tour and reschedule it. He’s not going to tour Europe this summer! He’s got just as much chance of being booked for 2022 as Taylor has.

I think the real talking point is can they secure Paul again? As it looks like Paul gave them a no for 2021. May just be virus related but might be more of a talking point.

I think the only way Kendrick stays is if he sits on his album for another year. It was essentially gonna be a kick off leg for new material and thats just been put to the side now. Its not like Glasto has been consistent with that sort of thing for their headliners either. Artists dont set their release schedule to the Glasto calendar to maximize exposure.

Cause lets say in theory that Kenny puts it out and its lukewarm and he doesnt smash it, then you have a headliner which has to work even harder to win the crowd or already have a diminished crowd because they dont like the new release. Putting that unknown factor in there of new material thats barely been released or going to be should entice an audience moreso. 

Kendrick announced DAMN just 3 days before he headlined Coachella in 2017. Everyone had a couple days to potentially listen to it before he took the stage on Sunday night. I didnt, and just enjoyed the anticipation of hearing new songs being woven into the performance. It has a certain draw I think.