2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

Think its quite an exciting opportunity for 2022.

You have tours for 2020 & 2021 which are completed decimated and artists, both large and small, who would have been writing new material and also so eager to get back on the road and tour. Glastonbury is kinda the pinnacle for some many artists.

Could we see potentially see an expanded Glastonbury ?  An additional day of music? No sure if that is possible legally speaking 

14 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I honestly think that they will try to get something big for next year. Like Blur or Oasis

I get what you mean but is Kendrick, Paul, Taylor not big? They were huge at the time but 2020s headliners will look even bigger in 2022.

Blur though would be a fantastic booking I hope happens.

7 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I get what you mean but is Kendrick, Paul, Taylor not big? They were huge at the time but 2020s headliners will look even bigger in 2022.

Blur though would be a fantastic booking I hope happens.

I think the chances of Blur returning hinge whether the Gorillaz stuff Albarn had planned for 21 gets canned or not.

37 minutes ago, aj6658 said:

Could we see potentially see an expanded Glastonbury ?  An additional day of music? No sure if that is possible legally speaking 

Very unlikely.  The licence thing for main stage days has been done to death so I don't see that happening. You might end up with some bigger names for the bits in SE corner that are open on the Thursday, but they'd have to balance that against crowd numbers. Maybe some bigger DJ names for places like Stonebridge as well, but same thing applies.

Will be interesting to see what new music comes out though, you're definitely right there. Who knows what'll be hot then? I'm still holding out for Swift doing a dubstep album.

50 minutes ago, aj6658 said:

That's a licensing issue, isn't it? I'm not sure what advantage there is to Mendip council to approve that - it won't affect local economy boosts, it would just serve to frustrate the locals (and those who end up getting a coach on Thursday while the music has already begun).

Just now, circus92 said:

Still going with -

Friday - The 1975 ("current" British band)

Saturday - Fleetwood Mac (arguably the biggest act never to have played)

Sunday - Taylor Swift  (biggest pop star in the world)

Would make up for missing this year

I haven’t waited three years and two cancellations for the fucking 1975 to headline first night back!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I haven’t waited three years and two cancellations for the fucking 1975 to headline first night back!

Yeah I know they aren't popular round here, but I reckon that would be a pretty well balanced line-up.  Would you really prefer Ezra on the Friday night!?

Just now, circus92 said:

Yeah I know they aren't popular round here, but I reckon that would be a pretty well balanced line-up.  Would you really prefer Ezra on the Friday night!?

Fair point, I was being flippant. Feels like the air is coming out of the 1975 balloon a little now. I think they’d see Ezra as a better bet now.

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

Fair point, I was being flippant. Feels like the air is coming out of the 1975 balloon a little now. I think they’d see Ezra as a better bet now.

Would completely agree with that though - their moment may have passed, but still think they would a good fit.

3 minutes ago, circus92 said:

Would completely agree with that though - their moment may have passed, but still think they would a good fit.

I think next year they’ll have their pick of acts and sights will be set a little higher than the 1975. (Although I’m aware of the irony of me saying this and tipping George Ezra at the same time). I just can’t see them being at the top of the list of acts they go for.

21 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I can picture Michael and Emily now..

“Ladies and gentlemen! It’s been a long three years. We’ve been through so much and suffered greatly. Which is why we’ve brought you something truly special to welcome you all back.

Here they are.... Coldplay!!!”

I can totally see that happening - but at Friday 11am. Don't think we'll get crazy stuff like 2 headliners per day but they most probably want to kick of the main stage programm with a bang and that would be the most easy one to do so.

For the headliners I guess Kendrick will move on, Macca depends on his health in one year or so and Taylor will play.