2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

On 1/12/2021 at 4:53 PM, Gilgamesh69 said:

I may be wrong but I don't think that day had a gold circle. Or rather, it wasn't one you had to pay extra for

This day didnt have a golden circle, but you had to get a wrist band to get into the front bit, which was free, but limited. Was a good system for those who got there early enough. The video doesnt do the crowd justice, but  it was nicecly spaced out. 

Let’s get Taylor announced nice and early pls. Feel very confident she will be there since we’ve still not heard about a 2021 tour, she will be gagging to get out there in 2022. Has to be.

I reckon we keep Macca and Taylor, and Kendrick is replaced by someone else.

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

Let’s get Taylor announced nice and early pls. Feel very confident she will be there since we’ve still not heard about a 2021 tour, she will be gagging to get out there in 2022. Has to be.

I reckon we keep Macca and Taylor, and Kendrick is replaced by someone else.

Yeah Taylor’s gotta be a given and I imagine she and all the festivals she was booked for will try and just copy and paste her 2020 schedule as best they can.

1 minute ago, henry bear said:

I don't know why he's dropped out of some people's reckoning. I'd have thought he's the most likely out of 2020's headliners (or at least as likely as Taylor)

I guess as each year goes acts like him come closer to retiring or being unable to continue performing, but Macca surely won’t stop until he’s forced to so he must be just as likely as he was to play last or this year.

I reckon Neil Young will replace Macca if he can't do it (Macca will get first dibs), Taylor is nailed on if she wants it. I personally don't see Blur as the third - great band and the 2009 set was phenomenal (i was there) - but i think there will be a younger, ideally British/Irish, act. First time headliner maybe? Immediately think of 1975 but they are not anyone's fave on these boards, and i cant say I like them. But makes sense. Who else is there?

3 minutes ago, chuckles07 said:

I reckon Neil Young will replace Macca if he can't do it (Macca will get first dibs), Taylor is nailed on if she wants it. I personally don't see Blur as the third - great band and the 2009 set was phenomenal (i was there) - but i think there will be a younger, ideally British/Irish, act. First time headliner maybe? Immediately think of 1975 but they are not anyone's fave on these boards, and i cant say I like them. But makes sense. Who else is there?

1975 will be long forgotten in 12 months. Nevermind 18

17 minutes ago, aj6658 said:

reckon that 2022 will have the same headliners or new? Feel like theres gonna be more competition for top billing and even undercard. Like big artists are going to be dropping albums throughout this year and next and gagging to be on tour

I think they now increase their chances of Taylor and Macca.. Kendrick will have moved on I figure

It’s almost impossible to predict who’s going to be active next year. Last year’s gig calendar was wiped out, chances are this summer’s will be decimated too.

So you’ll have the 2020 acts and probably those already planning to tour in 21 looking to reschedule for 22. Plus the acts who were already pencilling in 22 plans.

Agree that the original trio will get first refusal but if they don’t come back it’s well and truly anyone’s game at this stage.