2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

On consideration, I think Blur would be more likely than Kendrick, given the circumstances. Let’s say 2022 is the next festival. That first big Friday night headliner set will be an emotional affair. I reckon they’d prefer to go with somebody British, with good history with the festival, who can rally the crowd and foster ‘moments’. 

With due respect to Kenny, who’d be amazing in any other circumstance, he doesn’t tick those boxes. 

3 minutes ago, kalifire said:

On consideration, I think Blur would be more likely than Kendrick, given the circumstances. Let’s say 2022 is the next festival. That first big Friday night headliner set will be an emotional affair. I reckon they’d prefer to go with somebody British, with good history with the festival, who can rally the crowd and foster ‘moments’. 

With due respect to Kenny, who’d be amazing in any other circumstance, he doesn’t tick those boxes. 

Just have a whole day of headliners, fuck it

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Just dust off No Distance Left to Run on DVD and get it out of yer system, then join us at the front for Kendrick. 💪 

53 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Dunno about that - not when the Mac, AC/DC, Elton etc still tread the boards.

But then Dave from Blur saying he can't wait to play live again after the pandemic isn't really enough to put them in any sort of conversation.

I still think the Mac are the next taxi off the rank in terms of huge heritage acts to play.

I’ve given up hope on Reg ever doing it.

Although I'd 100% be at the Pyramid for both I can't claim to be a massive fan of either the Mac or AC/DC, so both would pale in comparison to Macca. Agree with Hugh that as far as Reg goes, that train don't stop here anymore. 

Blur are the one that got away for me, for one reason or another I never managed to see them live, so seeing them headline would be (as I said above) second only to Macca on my wishlist. 

I still don't see why Fleetwood Mac are considered a genuine contender. How many times have we been through this? They're the same as Elton in my book - there's been umpteen opportunities for them to play and it's never happened, so why would it happen moving forward? The more years that pass, the less attractive a proposition they are as well. I'd throw them in a pile with Stone Roses as acts who will always be rumoured but (probably) never play.

If Blur are going to start up again, they shoot right up the list for me. I think the list of acts that are in the mix for the next few years looks something like this (in no order):

• Kendrick
  • Taylor
  • Macca
  • Arctics
  • Florence
  • The 1975
  • Billie Eilish
  • Dua Lipa
  • Blur

1 minute ago, jparx said:

I still don't see why Fleetwood Mac are considered a genuine contender. How many times have we been through this? They're the same as Elton in my book - there's been umpteen opportunities for them to play and it's never happened, so why would it happen moving forward? The more years that pass, the less attractive a proposition they are as well. I'd throw them in a pile with Stone Roses as acts who will always be rumoured but (probably) never play.

If Blur are going to start up again, they shoot right up the list for me. I think the list of acts that are in the mix for the next few years looks something like this (in no order):

• Kendrick
  • Taylor
  • Macca
  • Arctics
  • Florence
  • Foals
  • Billie Eilish
  • Dua Lipa
  • Blur

There's been genuine discussions with Mac and both sides have spoke about it in the past. Reg just doesn't seem to have ever been close to it. Not saying they'll suddenly play for less money but there's more there than Reg (until someone comes up with the info to disprove me). Think you're dead on besides that.

If FM don’t play the next time they tour then I will agree with @jparx that it’s not on the table. Maybe they’ve given a fee that they will not budge from. John Giddings always said that FM think Glasto will budge on the fee, not the other way round.

Blur need to come back. Completely different generation and will be totally different from 2009. Ready for it!

16 minutes ago, jparx said:

• Kendrick
  • Taylor
  • Macca
  • Arctics
  • Florence
  • The 1975
  • Billie Eilish
  • Dua Lipa
  • Blur

Both sides have openly courted each other in the last couple of years. It seems to me like there is some sort of informal “next time we tour we’ll talk” agreement in place.