2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

I don’t see that his age would affect much. He seems pretty fit and isn’t touring so extensively his voice is at risk of going. Two years can be a long time when you’re approaching 80 but I think he’d agree to do it. I’d say Kenny is the least likely of 2020’s headliners. 

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Or they just get someone else in.

They may even have made up with Lynsey by then.

Him and Mike Campbell are now both full-time members of FM. I really don’t think Buckingham and Nicks will ever share a stage again. 
That said, it may have been said by FM that, whatever else happens, FM tour in 2022 and that Crowded House is put on ice again.

2 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Him and Mike Campbell are now both full-time members of FM. I really don’t think Buckingham and Nicks will ever share a stage again. 
That said, it may have been said by FM that, whatever else happens, FM tour in 2022 and that Crowded House is put on ice again.

They’ve all fallen out and made up so many times over the years that another reunion wouldn’t surprise me. They’re a band that thrives on drama.

1 hour ago, Slugworth said:

Dua lipa 

McCartney

Elton John 

I think Elton would save it until his final shows. He can headline Glasto and do a solo gig sendoff at Wembley afterwards. At this rate he isnt retiring until 2024. He just has too many touring commitments to juggle around.

Edited by Suprefan

15 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

I think Elton would save it until his final shows. He can headline Glasto and do a solo gig sendoff at Wembley afterwards. At this rate he isnt retiring until 2024. He just has too many touring commitments to juggle around.

Probably. I was thinking of a name quickly. It will be Coldplay or Muse 

5 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

I guarantee in the next 18 months there won’t be a worse call than Paul “biggest recording artist in history and a muthafucking Beatle” McCartney playing the Legend’s slot.

I wasn't sure such a thing was possible, but I'm pretty sure that tops last year's weirdly extensive discussion around Elton for the most ludicrous Legend's slot suggestion

40 minutes ago, st dan said:

Depending how much cash the Gallagher brothers have lost out on during the pandemic, I think Oasis 2022 reunion is a real possibility. 

I think the industry needs it to happen. An Oasis reunion tour would be an easy way for promoters to get a lot of money in a short amount of time. The demand will be through the roof in the uk alone but plenty to be made in other countries as well. the Gallaghers just need to get on already and make it happen.

I mean U2 was rumored to have been planning a redo of the Zoo Tv tour and thats easily going to sell well just like the Joshua Tree tour did. People want some familiarity and big to spend the money.

Edited by Suprefan

8 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Kendrick has already been announced for several festivals in Europe. If GF cancels it’s not as if he’s going to cancel those shows if they’re going ahead.

No what I mean is these shows won’t be going ahead either. If glasto can’t go ahead then these shows in mainland Europe around the same time won’t either. Also if a big chunk of the shows he has lined up fall through he will scrap the tour.

23 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

I think the industry needs it to happen. An Oasis reunion tour would be an easy way for promoters to get a lot of money in a short amount of time. The demand will be through the roof in the uk alone but plenty to be made in other countries as well. the Gallaghers just need to get on already and make it happen.

I mean U2 was rumored to have been planning a redo of the Zoo Tv tour and thats easily going to sell well just like the Joshua Tree tour did. People want some familiarity and big to spend the money

Bone doesn't hate The Edge

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

No what I mean is these shows won’t be going ahead either. If glasto can’t go ahead then these shows in mainland Europe around the same time won’t either. Also if a big chunk of the shows he has lined up fall through he will scrap the tour.

I can imagine Glasto not going ahead but let's say, Roskilde doing so. That festival was alway very cautious about going ahead but in their recent communication they seem te be very optimistic. They announced Kendrick as late as last week too. 

My guess is that a big chunk of the bigger mainland festivals (Opener, Roskilde, Rock Werchter, NOS Alive, Mad Cool, Lolla Paris/Stockholm) actually have a plan that will be revealed later this month. 

Edited by lighthouse