2021 New Music

dentalplan

2 hours ago, priest17 said:

Look lads/ladies I know I post a lotta shite in here but this is genuinely a cracking song. I told my mate it sounds somewhere between Iceage and The Specials and he said "priest mate you're special in the head why do you hear all music wrong your recommendations make no sense ever but that is a tune to be fair" 

Your mate who thought music peaked at the Ordinary Boys?

Edited by dentalplan

6 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Your mate who thought music peaked at the Ordinary Boys?

My friends are their own people and can listen to what they want (they certainly don't tolerate my shit which is why I'm here so much to get ignored by you lot instead) but I'm a tad hurt you think I have friends like that.

The moral of the story is that Opus Link song is a certified banga.

19 hours ago, priest17 said:

My friends are their own people and can listen to what they want (they certainly don't tolerate my shit which is why I'm here so much to get ignored by you lot instead) but I'm a tad hurt you think I have friends like that.

The moral of the story is that Opus Link song is a certified banga.

There's no way I keep up with everything you stick up in here, but keep 'em coming!

16 minutes ago, Quark said:

There's no way I keep up with everything you stick up in here, but keep 'em coming!

I gave you a whole month off to catch up that's no excuse ahah.

I'm telling ya though, that Opus Kink song slaps. As do all the songs I post. 

On 7/2/2021 at 10:56 PM, plaskins said:

Help me please. Somebody pointed me towards what I think, were a Dutch band, with a female artist either earlier this year or last year. Think they've had a few albums out. Can't for the life of me remember them. I likes the tunes, who was it

The ONLY dutch band worth knowing about...

Edited by blutarsky
  • Like 1

Someone's got a new album coming out. I'm sure you can guess who:

“It’s a space opera about CLAIRE DE LUNE – an artificial courtesan who was implanted in a simulation that is a memory of the AI creation story on earth from the brain of the engineer who invented AI because he wants to re live his life but if his perfect dream girl could teach him to leave and thereby he would preserve humanity this time rather than let them fade into obscurity – overcome by the machines,” she wrote.

“As she slowly realizes she is essentially a dancing puppet for the male gaze tho, their relationship grows complex. Simultaneously – ‘NO ONE’ (the most powerful super intelligence in the future where the simulation is being rendered from) realizes there’s a massive hyper-realistic sim running and sends in her troll AI puppets to wreak havoc.”

Extra clue:

On an Instagram post XXXX shared on Thursday (1 July) of herself wearing a pink wig, elf ears and fanged teeth, one fan commented to ask what the “vibez” of her next record would be.

28 minutes ago, Homer said:

“It’s a space opera about CLAIRE DE LUNE – an artificial courtesan who was implanted in a simulation that is a memory of the AI creation story on earth from the brain of the engineer who invented AI because he wants to re live his life but if his perfect dream girl could teach him to leave and thereby he would preserve humanity this time rather than let them fade into obscurity – overcome by the machines,” she wrote.

“As she slowly realizes she is essentially a dancing puppet for the male gaze tho, their relationship grows complex. Simultaneously – ‘NO ONE’ (the most powerful super intelligence in the future where the simulation is being rendered from) realizes there’s a massive hyper-realistic sim running and sends in her troll AI puppets to wreak havoc.”

Extra clue:

On an Instagram post XXXX shared on Thursday (1 July) of herself wearing a pink wig, elf ears and fanged teeth, one fan commented to ask what the “vibez” of her next record would be.

Muse?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Homer said:

Extra clue:

If you hadn't said herself I would have guessed Damon Albarn or Flaming Lips. First out there experimental female I can think of is Bjork, but suspect I'm way off the mark. Does Billie Eilish do experimental stuff, "vibez" seems like a young person expression (I'm getting old)

12 minutes ago, found home in 2009 said:

If you hadn't said herself I would have guessed Damon Albarn or Flaming Lips. First out there experimental female I can think of is Bjork, but suspect I'm way off the mark. Does Billie Eilish do experimental stuff, "vibez" seems like a young person expression (I'm getting old)

Surely it's X Æ A-Xii's mum.

14 minutes ago, found home in 2009 said:

Using Z instead of S at the end of shit sounds like a young person experssion from late 90s/early 00s, maybe it's retro nowadays.

2 hours ago, Homer said:

Extra clue:

Is she just doing something space themed for extra promotion for her partners work?

Been listening to some stuff from June that I didn't get to play enough and have to say Marina, Greentea Peng and Lonelady are big thumbs up from me. Also liking Kings of Convenience. The Bobby Gillespie and Jehnny Beth album is very different to anything I imagined. Think I need a couple more listens to make my mind up on it. 

6 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

New Amen Dunes (featuring Sleaford Mods which I can’t say I ever saw coming). His last album Freedom was amazing although seems to have been somewhat forgotten over the last couple of years. This is also very good:

Unexpected and unexpectedly brilliant. Big Arthur Russell vibes.

I was digging the song and knowing Jason was going to come in, it really didn't seem like something that was gonna work. But it did - the Mods keep showing more dimensions and I am here for it.