2021 New Music

dentalplan

While the Tyler album doesn't quite reach the heights of IGOR (which has personally become my all time favorite album), Call me if you get lost is still sounding very solid on my first few listens. I'm excited to give the Lucy Dacus album a listen later, heard a lot of good stuff about that already. 

Current remaining list for today is Beartooth, Doja Cat, Darkthrone and Modest Mouse. Any glaring albums that I'm missing out on? I'll give anything a go!

Alongside the releases already mentioned, Hiatus Kaiyote have dropped too, after like 6 years. Also if you wanna hear zany flows, Ski Mask The Slump God has a mixtape out.

Listening to the new Tyler right now, loving DJ Drama all over it. I feel like I'm in 2009! Also 42 Dugg and Youngboy sound really good over these beats. 

Lil Wayne needs to drop a whole album produced by Tyler. HOT WIND BLOWS, SMUCKERS and Droppin' Seeds are so damn good.

Edited by Haan

2 minutes ago, Copperface said:

Bit of Dream pop/shoegaze/indie. Never heard of them before but this popped up released today and I liked it:

Album is A Color of the Sky

Might be up @Quark's street:

Listening to it at the moment. Anything on Fat Possum records gets a listen here. Sounds like a lazy afternoon on The Park Stage to me. 

• Like 1

Really into Pastel at the moment signed to Spirit Of Spike Island label, so that might give you an idea of the type of music.

I've been a fan for a while as they’ve been based locally to me, cracking energy live, it’s nice to see them get some airplay, both 6 Music and Radio X have given them a spin

Much to my surprise after finding the singles a bit iffy, the new Modest Mouse is actually pretty good! I gave up on the last one pretty quickly tbh so barely remember it, but I’ll be coming back to this one a couple more times at least. Singles sound a lot less made-for-radio amongst the rest of it and there’s some really good stuff here.

57 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

New Parquet Courts album A Sympathy For Life coming October 22. First (ten minute long!) single Plant Life here at around the 10 and a half minute mark for those interested! Very different for them. Very Talking Heads:

https://m.mixcloud.com/Dr_Rob/remedy-2021_06_26/

Bit groovy that. Was chatting to a mate about where they go next, the fact they managed to top Human Performance is mind-blowing, if they keep it up for another album then give them keys to the world.

5 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Bit groovy that. Was chatting to a mate about where they go next, the fact they managed to top Human Performance is mind-blowing, if they keep it up for another album then give them keys to the world.

I love all their stuff but I don’t think they’ll ever top Light Up Gold for me personally. 

I could kind of see this direction coming after Wide Awake!, especially the title track. Really looking forward to seeing what else they do with this kind of sound, although I hope they haven’t scrapped their punk edge completely.

4 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

I love all their stuff but I don’t think they’ll ever top Light Up Gold for me personally. 

I could kind of see this direction coming after Wide Awake!, especially the title track. Really looking forward to seeing what else they do with this kind of sound, although I hope they haven’t scrapped their punk edge completely.

Me too. This newie wont translate well live. Nice little laid back summer jam though.

Edited by The Nal

On 6/25/2021 at 5:42 PM, Copperface said:

Bit of Dream pop/shoegaze/indie. Never heard of them before but this popped up released today and I liked it:

Album is A Color of the Sky

Might be up @Quark's street:

Cheers pal, gave it a bit of a spin and I like on first listen.  Will be giving it a proper run this week 

I really, really like that Kojaque album. Was expected For Those I Love and Slowthai comparisons but I'm getting (this is probably just a p17 hot take to be fair) Kendrick vibes coming through. Good Kojaque maad Ireland. There's touches of filler in there, although nothing too hard to get through, it finishes and starts really strongly though. Loved Casio already and love the last track that follows and ends it, the little Girl Band sample at the start of Towns Dead makes me smile and like the guy more, it's just really good. Wether I'll prefer it to Tyler's in a few weeks is another thing but I couldn't turn it off today.