2021 New Music

dentalplan

Helluva supergroup behind this, decent choon to boot

Epilepsy warning 

Bloodslide is composed of drummer Mike Wallace (of Canadian heroes Preoccupations), guitarist Greg Ahee (longtime mastermind behind Detroit’s mighty Protomartyr), and singer/bassist AJ Lambert (a daredevil artist continuing the legacy of her mother Nancy Sinatra and grandfather Frank Sinatra as a singular song interpreter blazing her own trail). These three have come together with producer Sonny DiPerri (Protomartyr, Diiv, Animal Collective) and Ommatidium Studios to form a multimedia art powerhouse. Bloodslide mobilizes sonic and visual viscera to confront and dissect art in our nouveau digital world.

EDIT: realised I already had one of their songs in my playlist and clocked @dentalplan had already hotly tipped these, I never read their posts though 🤷‍♂️

Edited by priest17

Week late on this one but goddamn is the Cory Hanson album incredible. Another Story From the Center of the Earth especially is so so good; proper Cortez the Killer vibes and I can’t get enough of it. Shot right up there as one of my favourites of the year this.

Edited by FloorFiller
  • Like 2

On 4/2/2021 at 12:27 PM, deebeedoobee said:

Don’t forget it is Bandcamp Friday, when 100% of sales go to the artist.

New release out today from The Lords of Misrule, a collective from Glastonbury. If you like chill out, ambient music. something to soothe and nurture the soul then check this album out:

https://thelordsofmisrule.bandcamp.com/album/a-dream-that-hasnt-yet-started

Liking this again Dee.  Got a play while I was pottering in the garden over the weekend, well suited to potting plants and painting fences!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Quark said:

Liking this again Dee.  Got a play while I was pottering in the garden over the weekend, well suited to potting plants and painting fences!

It's very different to their other stuff but well suited to the right setting.  I find it great when I'm working on stuff òn the computer.  

6 minutes ago, lessthanwill1 said:

Wow. Anyone listened to Vulture Prince by Arooj Aftab!? Beautiful Hindustani modern classical music. Pitchfork covered the single Mohabbat which was released in March and is absolutely fantastic.

One of my Albums of the month, stunning. Listened on Saturday in the sun and a thing of calming beauty, very relaxed by the end.  Posted Mohabbat a few pages back 

3 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Feel like I've already heard the entire new Royal Blood album just by having Absolute Radio on in the background...

I have heard it - it's by far the best thing they've done. AC/DC meets Daft Punk is an apt descriptor. I can see it being massive.

Oblivion, Million and One and Either You Got It probably the highlights, along with Boilermaker - production on that is huge.

All We Have Is Now is also a nice ...Like Clockwork-esque closer.

Edited by Mellotr0n