2021 New Music

dentalplan

23 hours ago, priest17 said:

Yeah I brought it up on release and it was in my top 3, I still can't get enough to be honest, its getting better with time. Surely a shoe in for my top 10 of the year at this rate.

Good stuff. Would have definitely been my no.1 if I had heard it earlier. Really love it. Reminds me of Kelly Forsyth’s record from last year vocally but a lot more varied in terms of songwriting. I thought Corncrakes was going to be my favourite but the dynamic changes in “Two” and the beautiful outro in “Hotel” are also highlights for me. 

EDIT: Forgot about the last minute and a half of the last song “One”. Wow! So beautiful. 

Edited by lessthanwill1

Tindersticks new album Distraction out Friday.

Seems like a brand new sound for them but quite enjoying this 11 minute opening track which becomes hypnotic after a couple of minutes. Only like some of their other stuff but this is very different.

Distractions is made up of three cover versions from the back catalogues of Neil Young, Dory Previn and the Television Personalities, bookended by a couple of originals at either end of the album.

https://theartsdesk.com/new-music/album-tindersticks-distractions

On 2/13/2021 at 2:07 AM, Brownie30 said:

If you didn't catch the live album playthrough then it is well worth a watch - breathes new life into an already brilliant record. Multiple hints towards a new album during the session too, ending with this website (https://www.themillionmasksofgod.com/#) counting down to 18th Feb. Looks like new album coming soon with, I assume, first single out next week! 

New song. It’s pretty damn good.

Album out April 30.

• Like 1

Just now, Punksnotdead said:

Just had my Mogwai and Hold Steady vinyl delivery (a day early). Unfortunately I have a banging headache after my covid jab, so not in the mood to listen, but I will this afternoon.

Ooh nice, looking forward to Mogwai coming tomorrow.  Obviously the headache's not so nice, hope that clears up quick!