2021 New Music

dentalplan

7 hours ago, a6l6e6x said:

Oh boy what an album this is shaping up to be

Man I’m really not feeling all of these new songs like others seem to be. They all seem so... tepid and overproduced. 

Maybe I need to hear them all in the context of the album, but I’m kind of expecting it to not be too great, especially after Holy Hell being so good.

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Man I’m really not feeling all of these new songs like others seem to be. They all seem so... tepid and overproduced. 

Maybe I need to hear them all in the context of the album, but I’m kind of expecting it to not be too great, especially after Holy Hell being so good.

Totally agree with you, FF. Feels like maybe they're targeting a wider, more radio-friendly audience. I'm getting shades of Bring Me The Horizon, maybe not musically but commercially. Let's wait and see how the whole album plays out...

23 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Totally agree with you, FF. Feels like maybe they're targeting a wider, more radio-friendly audience. I'm getting shades of Bring Me The Horizon, maybe not musically but commercially. Let's wait and see how the whole album plays out...

Thing is I could kind of forgive them if the songs and choruses were actually catchy and they took a few risks like when BMTH did Sempiternal/TTS, but all the singles from this album have been so bland and forgettable with nothing pushing them over ‘generic metalcore’. 

Plus maybe it’s just me but the guys not quite shouting/not quite singing voice is awful, especially as I’m pretty sure he’s actually a good singer unlike Oli Sykes who has to hide behind a shit ton of production and the keyboardist doing all the heavy lifting when they play live. 

16 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Got the new Foos album on the background while I’m doing some work. It’s pleasant enough but also instantly forgettable in the way all Foos albums are.

There’s the fast song, the less fast song and some have a slightly funkier bass line in them. That’s pretty much it.

Foo’s thing for a good few albums now is to sell each one with a gimmick - the dancier album, the album recorded in different states, the garage album etc - but then they all end up just sounding exactly the same with the gimmick being barely noticeable.

Gave this one a couple of listens now and I’ve gotta say that in a discography largely filled with mediocrity, this one sits pretty far at the bottom of the pile. It’s just... nothing. 

11 hours ago, John the Moth said:

I honestly can’t hear/read Black Country New Road without thinking of the stretch of the A41 from M5 Junction 1 through to Darlo.

I think they got their name from the same random band name generator as Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever.

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Foo’s thing for a good few albums now is to sell each one with a gimmick - the dancier album, the album recorded in different states, the garage album etc - but then they all end up just sounding exactly the same with the gimmick being barely noticeable.

Gave this one a couple of listens now and I’ve gotta say that in a discography largely filled with mediocrity, this one sits pretty far at the bottom of the pile. It’s just... nothing. 

They’re the ultimate singles band... and even then the singles are all the same.

Seems like not everyone is digging the new Architects like I am. It is definitely more commercially friendly and not as good as the output from Holy Hell but that album was top tier

This is a catchy number, looking forward to the follow up album from Applause From A Distant Crowd which was awesome

3 minutes ago, circus92 said:

Like it a lot 👍

I have to post now to like something 🤷‍♂️

Think of it as encouraging conversation 😄

Interestingly I was listening to the Reasons To Be Cheerful podcast about social media platforms, and there's a story that when they were first putting Facebook together they identified the like button as having the potential to cause problems in the future in terms of behaviours, but decided to sling it in anyway.