Jump to content

2021 New Music


dentalplan
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, benali said:

Black Metal 2 by Dean Blunt comes out on Friday. If it matches up to any of his previous albums it will be a great listen.

It's been out for a while, it's on spotify now.

I wasn't really a fan to be far, Black Metal is one of my favourite albums of the 2010's but Black Metal 2 felt too abstract and dreamy even for Dean. The genre switches felt less fresh this time round as well. I hope you enjoy it though.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Alex DeLarge said:

It's been out for a while, it's on spotify now.

I wasn't really a fan to be far, Black Metal is one of my favourite albums of the 2010's but Black Metal 2 felt too abstract and dreamy even for Dean. The genre switches felt less fresh this time round as well. I hope you enjoy it though.

Fair point. I'm still judging releases by when they appear in a physical format. 

I don't use Spotify so have only heard the few tracks on bandcamp.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lots of new albums are out tomorrow for me to listen to. Big D & The Kids Table (who are probably my favourite ska punk band), Skinny Lister. Biffy Clyro, Dream Theater, Mastadon and Angel Du$t but I'm seeing Bokassa tomorrow so I normally like to spend the day blasting out the band I'm seeing that night all day long.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, jump said:

Lots of new albums are out tomorrow for me to listen to. Big D & The Kids Table (who are probably my favourite ska punk band), Skinny Lister. Biffy Clyro, Dream Theater, Mastadon and Angel Du$t but I'm seeing Bokassa tomorrow so I normally like to spend the day blasting out the band I'm seeing that night all day long.

 

Mastodon is next week, although probably for the best as there’s already too much good shit coming out tomorrow.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Mastodon is next week, although probably for the best as there’s already too much good shit coming out tomorrow.

My bad. I probably would have only got around to listening to them till next week anyway and just assumed it was this week. lol

Edited by jump
Link to comment
Share on other sites

All about Parquet Courts tomorrow (with a side order of Biffy and Don Broco)

These next few weeks are stacked with new releases for me - makes a nice change from the usual pre Christmas drop off!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Is Self Esteem out tomorrow? Excited to hear that.

Yep. Been getting rave reviews across the board so far so I’m extra stoked for it. Been a fan of hers for a while so great to see her getting so much acclaim and hopefully recognition from this new release.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Goddamn is today stacked:

Self Esteem’s album is sooo good. Catchy, witty, funny, equal parts bangers and off kilter pop. Deserves all the praise that’s getting piled on to it at the moment.

Parquet Courts new’un is good although feels like there’s two very different vibes going on throughout - the standard rockers that we’ve heard before and then the Talking Heads influenced more electronic stuff, and I think I definitely prefer the latter stuff, with the former stuff (singles included) all sounding a little rehashed/heard it all before. Certainly not their best album, but good enough for now.

Other shit for the day: Lana, Grouper, Every Time I Die, JPEGMAFIA, My Morning Jacket, Ross From Friends, Biffy, Hand Habits, probably a bunch of other shit #blessed

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

 

Self Esteem’s album is sooo good. Catchy, witty, funny, equal parts bangers and off kilter pop. Deserves all the praise that’s getting piled on to it at the moment.

 

This is great. So looking forward to this live. I love how she combines catchy pop with such profound and uncomfortable lyrics. Bravo Rebecca! Great work from her. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Goddamn is today stacked:

Self Esteem’s album is sooo good. Catchy, witty, funny, equal parts bangers and off kilter pop. Deserves all the praise that’s getting piled on to it at the moment.

Parquet Courts new’un is good although feels like there’s two very different vibes going on throughout - the standard rockers that we’ve heard before and then the Talking Heads influenced more electronic stuff, and I think I definitely prefer the latter stuff, with the former stuff (singles included) all sounding a little rehashed/heard it all before. Certainly not their best album, but good enough for now.

Other shit for the day: Lana, Grouper, Every Time I Die, JPEGMAFIA, My Morning Jacket, Ross From Friends, Biffy, Hand Habits, probably a bunch of other shit #blessed

Just finished the first listen. The more "traditional" PC tracks make it accessible, but the Talking Heads-esque stuff is likely what will keep me coming back for more. Big thumbs up.

Edited by SwedgeAntilles
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...