Jump to content

2021 New Music


dentalplan
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 8/26/2021 at 9:32 PM, Copperface said:

Graham Coxon has a new one Super State out tomorrow.

Really like this single so hoping rest of album is as good. 

 

Surprised there’s not been more chat about Superstate. Had it on repeat today, absolutely loving it - one of my favourites of the year. 

Just me? 😏

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

I know people will eat it up regardless and it’ll break all kinds of records and have huge hit singles and go viral on TikTok etc, but christ Drake is just so boring these days. I don’t even think he’s trying to make ‘good’ music anymore. So consistently tepid.

Did you watch the music video? He is having the time of his life.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

With a new album coming in October.

 

bc_gatefold_closed.jpg

Guessing this is essentially a leftovers album from the last one (or ‘sister album’ as they’ve put it) but the new song is pretty good by modern Biffy standards so I’ll give it a cursory listen regardless.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Guessing this is essentially a leftovers album from the last one (or ‘sister album’ as they’ve put it) but the new song is pretty good by modern Biffy standards so I’ll give it a cursory listen regardless.

The official release line is: 

The new full length album from the incredible, high-octane alt-rockers Biffy Clyro, rapidly following on from their excellent 2020 album A Celebration Of Endings.

Biffy Clyro will release the surprise new project ‘The Myth of the Happily Ever After’ on October 22nd. The record is a homegrown project that represents a reaction to their #1 album ‘A Celebration of Endings’ and a rapid emotional response to the turmoil of the past year. It is the ying to the yang of ‘A Celebration’, the other-side-of-a-coin, a before-and-after comparison: their early optimism of 2020 having been brought back to earth with a resounding thud. It’s the product of a strange and cruel time in our lives, but one that ultimately reinvigorated Biffy Clyro.

“This is a reaction to ‘A Celebration of Endings’,” says vocalist / guitarist Simon Neil. “This album is a real journey, a collision of every thought and emotion we’ve had over the past eighteen months. There was a real fortitude in ‘A Celebration’ but in this record we’re embracing the vulnerabilities of being a band and being a human in this twisted era of our lives. Even the title is the polar opposite. It’s asking, do we create these narratives in our own minds to give us some security when none of us know what’s waiting for us at the end of the day?”

So I imagine you're right. They've done it before with other albums.

 

Edited by vintagelaureate
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, jimmillen said:

Surprised there’s not been more chat about Superstate. Had it on repeat today, absolutely loving it - one of my favourites of the year. 

Just me? 😏

Nope I voted for it in my albums of the month for August. I think it's really great. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This new little simz is pretty damn good

Also a huge fan of biffys latest, best thing they've done in some time 

Don broco new song is the weakest they've put out from the new album by some distance but I'm still very confident that album will rule

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Two more from the sad lads. Heard half of the album now which I’d usually be annoyed about except these songs have all been so damn gorgeous and somewhat surprisingly fantastic that I’m more stoked than ever to hear the rest in a couple of weeks:

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Two more from the sad lads. Heard half of the album now which I’d usually be annoyed about except these songs have all been so damn gorgeous and somewhat surprisingly fantastic that I’m more stoked than ever to hear the rest in a couple of weeks:

 

feel like this release is being slept on when really its seemingly gonna be a top quality sufjan album, singles sound better than the ascension so far imo

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

New Snail Mail album Valentine out November 5. Loved her last one so pretty stoked for this one.

This is excellent news. Was a huge fan of the Habit EP and saw her a few times and she was amazing. I loved the album as well but I felt like she was everywhere at that time and there was a bit of a backlash??  She was also touring so much and the last time I saw her she seemed very disengaged and it was a lot worse than when I saw her the first few times.  I hope the break has been good for her and the band! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, lessthanwill1 said:

This is excellent news. Was a huge fan of the Habit EP and saw her a few times and she was amazing. I loved the album as well but I felt like she was everywhere at that time and there was a bit of a backlash??  She was also touring so much and the last time I saw her she seemed very disengaged and it was a lot worse than when I saw her the first few times.  I hope the break has been good for her and the band! 

Yeah I feel like she was getting a lot of the flack that Phoebe Bridgers seems to be getting now in that she was just inescapable. Do think there’s a bit of thinly veiled sexism in that though - how dare these females promote themselves ey!

Think I may have actually decided against seeing her after seeing a lot of stuff about her getting progressively worse throughout the last tour and her seeming absolutely fucked. Label must’ve really been pushing her to tour and make waves.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share




×
×
  • Create New...